The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mercury AM16 Mic Pres? Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Mercury AM16 Mic Pres?

I did see a thread on here about these awhile back, but it was mainly one person speaking about them...has anyone else had any experience with them, and if so, how do you think they would work for pop vocals, and general duties (guitar, bass DI) etc...?

Thanks
Tom
Old 25th July 2015
bump.

looking for this unit to...anyone ???
Old 31st May 2016
Gear Nut

I love the Mercury AM16 pres.

They are elegantly mid-forward, with a smooth, understated top end.

Not the flashiest sounding pre's- so probably not first call for a pop vocal. Nor as familiar a sound today as Neve or API or 610.

But they were my favorite pre on my vocals and acoustic guitar. Reminded me of my favorite singer-songwriter records of the early 70s. Sadly, I had to let go of them while restructuring my studio.

Tapehiss posted this cool tune a little while back that was tracked on the AM16: gearslutz.com/board/5629230-post32.html

And on another thread, a user revealed that CBS used Langevin consoles for their late 60s TV specials. Check out Sinatra and Jobim's duet on YouTube.

Best,

Lucas
Old 1st June 2016
I had a racked pair of the langevin originals and loved them! But couldn't keep them, I sold them T the time to get my mp, one day I'll get another pair! They have a unique mid forward sound that works great on lots of sources
Old 1st June 2016
Lives for gear

No Mercurys here, but four original Langevins. They are great on guitars, having a mojo of their own. On vocals and bass I prefer others, though.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search