The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My Barefoot MM27 is Dead Studio Monitors
Old 18th December 2014
Gear Addict

MM 27' Gn 2

Talked to Barefoot this am, explained and informed them I shipped the one monitor back. They were great. Will handle it, sorry to say heading out of the country and needed them to come with, oh well. Happy Healthy New year to all and a great Holiday.
Old 18th December 2014
Gear Addict

They sound amazing, and the service is great too.

I had a problem with one of the amps half year ago, there was a very little noise happening on one of the monitors after a few months. It went on and off and was very low in volume. I mailed the BF team and they send a new amp right away. So I could work, even with that little noise thing. When the new amp arrived, I replaced the amp and send the 'broken' one back. No hassle, no shipping costs for me.

I think this makes this company really good. Their products are amazing, and their service is amazing too. They aim for the long term and that's the way to go.
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Hi Bzone, sorry for the issue. We'll get it fixed and back to you ASAP. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me. My contact info will be in your personal...

Best,

Ted
Old 23rd May 2016
Gear Addict

Just had one of my mm35s (gen 1) die. Doesnt even turn on, tried switching cables and power outlet and everything.
Does anyone know if this is fixable DIY?
Just a fuse issue?
Have emailed barefoot support, waiting for an answer...
Old 23rd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Well, here's a lesson, buy monitors from highly regarded companies such as Dynaudio. These craft companies offer a good purpose but reliability is an issue, definately.

My Dynaudio went dead after a lightning power loss and I just switched the fuse and it was back on... Those things are reliable.
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

Same thing here, Barefoot MM27 second GEN, the right speaker did not turn back on one day, after 10 minutes it turned on. I thought it was a power issue or something, but this morning it's not powering up at all.
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

sounds to me like a capacitor issue somewhere with all these, BF should at least tell people what's wrong with these speakers (amp modules) - maybe a letter or something here? it would really surprise me that they haven't isolated the part at this point - no?
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
sounds to me like a capacitor issue somewhere with all these, BF should at least tell people what's wrong with these speakers (amp modules) - maybe a letter or something here? it would really surprise me that they haven't isolated the part at this point - no?
That's what I am telling myself, the guy at the store told me that it's not the first time.
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

Hi, PM and I'll get our service team on this pronto.
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Nut

Hi guys bumping the thread. I had this issue with my right mm27 gen 2 2 mi th ago. Originally bought from vintage kings. But since I moved to Germany and customs is a bitch I had to send it to a German dealer callled es-proaudio. They fixed it within a week but had to pay 250€. Now 1 week later the left side shut down also. WTH... :/ this is very annoying. The repair center told me it was a “intermittent powersupply“. Now have to go through the whole hassle again. #prettyannoyed

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search