The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
vintage city / telefunken modules
Old 9th August 2003
Gear Head

vintage city / telefunken modules

am able to find no reports on the following telefunken preamp modules / seller. v276 at $320, v676 at $280, rack at $150... whats the deal, whats the catch, seems too good to be true...?

http://www.vintagecity.de/

jsiyer.
Old 12th August 2003
Lives for gear

these prices are pretty good in deed.

I've sent vintagecity two emails but didn't get a reply so far.
this can't be because of language problems, since I'm a local.
but maybe they're just on a summer holiday?

michael
Old 12th August 2003
i've bought stuff from them and had no problem. i'm in nyc.
Old 12th August 2003
Lives for gear

good to hear that.
Old 12th August 2003
Gear Maniac

i emailed 'em yesterday regarding pricing, and they got right back to me. isn't it odd that a German Co. has it's prices listed in US dollars? they also seem ready to haggle on bulk purchases...
Old 12th August 2003
mml
Gear Addict

I emailed them last week and they got right back to me with pricing. Seems like a great deal. I just realized that the racks don't include phantom though, so keep that in mind.
Old 12th August 2003
mml
Gear Addict

Disregard the phantom comment. I double checked my quote and the phantom is only $40 more. $890 plus shipping for a pair of 676a's with phantom. Of course shipping might be a good amount from Germany.
Old 13th August 2003
Gear Maniac

Just today, I received a rack that Matthias made me for a pair of Neumann PEV EQs. Looks nice, works perfect. I ordered on Friday, and got it Tuesday. I haven't ordered any modules from him, but the VTC rack is fantastic, and pretty cheap for what you get.

-Chris Randall

BTW: Shipping for the empty rack was $90 Fedex from Germany to Chicago; if I wanted the less expiditious German Air Mail method, it would have been $50. Not so bad, considering, but you can probably plan on doubling those figures for a rack with modules in it.
Old 13th August 2003
Lives for gear

for anyone intersted in new old stock (!!!) v676 modules I have a pair for sale. (i racked few already and these were left unused, brand new with sr. nr. following each other!)
send me a private messege.
Old 13th August 2003
Lives for gear

That EMT 251 looks pretty damn shweat.
Old 13th August 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

EMT 251

It does.

Is that thing closer to a 250 or a 252 in sound?
Old 13th August 2003
Lives for gear

Re: EMT 251

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
It does.

Is that thing closer to a 250 or a 252 in sound?
I didn't get to a/b them, but to me, like a higher-fi version of the 251. It has an noticeable extended frequency response, more parameter controls, more programs, and a remote control port, and the nifty LED screen (the one I checked out looks like a very, very old etch-a-sketch, which I was told is common, and near impossible to replace). You still feel like a jet pilot with it, but you can get more complex with it. I think you can use the 252 remote with it, but I'm not sure. I look into it next time I'm at Glenwood. For $4,500, that seems like an incredible deal if it's in good working order... I saw one for $8,000 a month ago.
Old 13th August 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

The 251 is like a higher-fi version of the 250 or the 252?

I LOVE the 250. The 252 does less for me.

Thanks, e-cue.
Old 13th August 2003
Lives for gear

Hi,

the 252S is the rack version of the 251.
There was an interface card for the 251, to have a 252S remote attached.

251 and 252 don't have the 250 algorythm. There was (and is) an 250 program update avaible at Barco Emt, which replaces the "space" algorythm with an 250 program.

Soundwise there's a difference to the original 250, because of the original converter and filter design. The 250 has the "direct mids" in the reverb, which the 251 hasn't. The 251/252 has all the reverb cluster which you could edit for left an right, quite cool.

That doesn't mean the 251/252 isn't good, just different than the original.

regards,

wolfgang

toolhouse studios, germany
Old 13th August 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

Danke, Wolfgang! Thanks for clearing that up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search