The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient ASP 8024 Consoles
Old 19th November 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Interesting. Can you put you hand on the top of the Pwr sply (not the front face)? Or is it not accessable due to being in a rack with gear above it?

If you put your hand on the top panel, it will be hottest near the transformer, which is to one side. The other side of the panel you might be able to leave your hand on the panel.
I
tried yesterday.
Yes It never gets that hot! But I never use the eq's in a mix situation.
yesterday I was in a 16 track recording situation and the Pwr sply didn't feel warm at all!
Old 26th November 2011
Lives for gear

Owned one since 2003. Ended up changing out main volume pot for upgraded. Had one problem with power main feed into console. Tech support walked me through a simple soldering fix. Two pots on EQ side have cold solder joints that need to be fixed, but usually a light tap will get them functioning. As said before board is very clean, but I track with Neve and API mic pre's, so I don't really find that a problem. EQ's are sufficient, they will get simple jobs done. The routing on this console is very flexible. I usually use software for surgical Eq anyway. The mix compressor does not get much use for me, tried it but not a fan. I use this console at least 50 hours a week, probably a $150 a month increase to electric bill. All in all this console has been low maintenance and made some great sounding rock records for me.

BTW I also have used it in 5.1 Surround, which work phenomenal.
Old 27th November 2011
Lives for gear

I owned one for several years. They're extremely good and there's really nothing at the price that matches the sound and features. As others have said, they're not coloured. But they sound clear and punchy with plenty of headroom. There are balanced inserts on both short and long fader paths. The routing is decent. The eq is very nice if not particularly 'special' sounding. The preamps are similarly transparent but they're really not ordinary. You can record anything with those and while they don't add distortion or obvious harmonics there's nothing ugly or unpleasant whatsoever. They're just decent solid pres. I've tracked lots of records with those desks and always had no complaints.

I think it's a good buy.

J
Old 18th June 2015
How can I use an external pre?? Where I've to connect it???
Old 18th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticazzi75 View Post
How can I use an external pre?? Where I've to connect it???
1/4" Line Input.
Old 18th June 2015
Ok!!! And to go to the converter there are d-sub out??
Old 18th June 2015
Lives for gear

Yes

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search