The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vertigo Vsc 2 or other Comp
Old 10th March 2011
Here for the gear

Vertigo Vsc 2 or other Comp

Hey guys,

i use in my studio a api 2500 and a drawmer s3 compressor for mastering.
and i want to buy another one.....
my music is hip hop ...house...electronic.

should i buy a vertigo vsc 2 or rockrüpple comp one?or another one?

greetz
Old 10th March 2011
member no 666

The VSC-2 is awesome!!!! I don't know if it'll be right for your work... but it is a great tool in my work.

In addition, the company is great!! Their "after sale" support and service is absolutely wonderful.

Best of luck with the search!!!
Old 10th March 2011
Lives for gear

You're based in Germany, right?
Vertigo will be able to set things up so that you can audition a unit.
Thanks to Andy, I was able to play around with one for 2 weeks before having to make any purchase decisions.
Old 10th March 2011
Here for the gear

yes i`m based in germany.
how i can get a test unit?
have you got a contact for me or schould i call the number in munich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper View Post
You're based in Germany, right?
Vertigo will be able to set things up so that you can audition a unit.
Thanks to Andy, I was able to play around with one for 2 weeks before having to make any purchase decisions.
Old 10th March 2011
Lives for gear

The VSC2 is a sweet compressor.

The Phoenix (Mastering Version) will be worth looking into for what you're doing.

It has become my most used compressor as of late.
Old 10th March 2011
member no 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin2000 View Post
have you got a contact for me or schould i call the number in munich?
They're in Germering which is on the edge of Munich - [email protected] or call and talk to Andy. Like I said in my original response, great company in terms of support... before, during and after you get one!!

Peace.
Old 12th March 2011
Lives for gear
vertigo VSC2 / Rockruepel /

I Have had Vertigo VSC2 for 3 years and I can say Rockruepel is a complete different beast much more versatile and powerful. Rockruepel is vari-mu.
In the same technology as VCA, I highly advise you to FCS P3S ME which has more body and more silkyness than the VSC2 for half price. This is imo my opinion after 3 years of VSC2 use. I resold it after dicovering the fabtasting Rockruepel and FCS P3S ME

Last edited by priko; 13th March 2011 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: mistake in date
Old 12th March 2011
Here for the gear

thx....i wil test it.
is the rockrüpel so much better?
what kind of music you have?
for me is very important the sound...i have a drawmer s3 and a api 2500.
is the third compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priko View Post
I Have had Vertigo VSC2 for 5 years and I can say Rockruepel is a complete different beast much more versatile and powerful. Rockruepel is vari-mu.
In the same technology as VCA, I highly advise you to FCS P3S ME which has more body and more silkyness than the VSC2 for half price. This is imo my opinion after 5 years of VSC2 use. I resold it after dicovering the fabtasting Rockruepel and FCS P3S ME
Old 12th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I Have had Vertigo VSC2 for 5 years and I can say Rockruepel is a complete different beast much more versatile and powerful. Rockruepel is vari-mu.
In the same technology as VCA, I highly advise you to FCS P3S ME which has more body and more silkyness than the VSC2 for half price. This is imo my opinion after 5 years of VSC2 use.
How could you possibly use it for 5 years when it was released about 3 years ago (I had one of the first pieces) and you got it quite long after me after enquiring how it works for me :-)) Just wondering ...
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
How could you possibly use it for 5 years when it was released about 3 years ago (I had one of the first pieces) and you got it quite long after me after enquiring how it works for me :-)) Just wondering ...
Sorry, you are right I checked the invoice I bought it in 2008, So 3 years ago and It's doesn't change anything on the fact that I MUCH prefer the Rockruepel and FCS P3S.
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
Is'nt Rockruepel a continued announcement of a Release that has'nt happened yet?
Yes, it's released. I'm using it on every since december 2010
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
thx....i wil test it.
is the rockrüpel so much better?
what kind of music you have?
for me is very important the sound...i have a drawmer s3 and a api 2500.
is the third compressor.
The rockruepel is very versatile.
You can use it just as a rube amp line with no compression or with different kind of compression from smooth to heavy (ruepel mode)
So I'm using it on classical music, folk, rock, electro
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear

Well, looking at those meters, I probably would not feel like having this kind of (circus) design in my studio, regardless of sound ... heh
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Well, looking at those meters, I probably would not feel like having this kind of (circus) design in my studio, regardless of sound ... heh
As one say, it's build like a tank like Dangerous stuff. The vu I don't care, Go through the apparence, the sound is amazing. Inside the sound is incredible. And in Hand, it's absolutely sweet and practical to use vs Thermionic Phoenix for instance or let's say vs Vertigo VSM 2 who looks so beautiful but not really sounding for the price.
Old 14th March 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
As one say, it's build like a tank like Dangerous stuff. The vu I don't care, Go through the apparence, the sound is amazing. Inside the sound is incredible. And in Hand, it's absolutely sweet and practical to use vs Thermionic Phoenix for instance or let's say vs Vertigo VSM 2 who looks so beautiful but not really sounding for the price.
Brutal!!!okay it seems to be this compressor is a beast or looks like that......

but how it sounds?great or greater.....
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Brutal!!!okay it seems to be this compressor is a beast or looks like that......

but how it sounds?great or greater.....
As I said it sounds from sweet and detailes (I use it in classical) just using the amp line or brutal but allways clear and accurate in Ruepel mode.
When sometimes it is too forward in the high mid, I polish the sound with the FCS P3S after. The combo is amazing as the P3S is the sweeter compressor I have ever heard in VCA (+ a warm low mid bottow)
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
As I said it sounds from sweet and detailes (I use it in classical) just using the amp line or brutal but allways clear and accurate in Ruepel mode.
When sometimes it is too forward in the high mid, I polish the sound with the FCS P3S after. The combo is amazing as the P3S is the sweeter compressor I have ever heard in VCA (+ a warm low mid bottow)
What is this Ruepel mode?
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
What is this Ruepel mode?

It's vari-mu + saturation sounding incredible powerful but doesn't work on all material (rather for rock and electro)
I have asked to Guido how it's technically working but no news yet!
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear

Seems it is a tube compressor ? If so, comparing it to Vertigo, that is solid state VCA is not exactly a direct comparison. You probably have not tried Gyraf G10 ? Then we would see
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Seems it is a tube compressor ? If so, comparing it to Vertigo, that is solid state VCA is not exactly a direct comparison. You probably have not tried Gyraf G10 ? Then we would see
If you read my post above, I did not compare it directly. For same technology, I prefer the FCS P3S over the VSC-2.
Old 14th March 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hey guys,

Vertigo Sound VSC-2! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
i have to agree. looks like a tourist souvenier. please change those!
Old 14th March 2011
Here for the gear

i make a direct test rockrüpel vs vertigo this week and then i tell you....yessss.
Old 14th March 2011
Lives for gear

But tube vari mu vs solid state vca - these are maybe those mythical "apples and oranges" I also have solid state vca (Vertigo) vs tube vari mu (Gyraf G10)- because they are completely different in sound and depending on music , one sounds better than the other, this is the reason I have them. But none is "better" than the other as such ... Making dance electronica or hiphop on Gyraf would not be exactly the right thing, the same as making heavy rock or "vintage blues" on Vertigo etc.
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
But tube vari mu vs solid state vca - these are maybe those mythical "apples and oranges" I also have solid state vca (Vertigo) vs tube vari mu (Gyraf G10)- because they are completely different in sound and depending on music , one sounds better than the other, this is the reason I have them. But none is "better" than the other as such ... Making dance electronica or hiphop on Gyraf would not be exactly the right thing, the same as making heavy rock or "vintage blues" on Vertigo etc.
Agreed and sometimes they even complete each other!!!
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
i have to agree. looks like a tourist souvenier. please change those!
I thought the same at beginning but when you have the unit, it is a funny thing working with ruepel mode of the comp. When you hear the sound, you don't bother anymore of this. This comp is not for serious people, it's for serious sound giving smiles....
Old 15th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey guys,

i use in my studio a api 2500 and a drawmer s3 compressor for mastering.
and i want to buy another one.....

should i buy a vertigo vsc 2 or rockrüpple comp one?or another one?

greetz
I'd suggest to check for the Variable Gm from Qes labs:
Qes Labs Variable-GM Compressor/Limiter (sounds and pictures)
Old 2nd June 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
If you read my post above, I did not compare it directly. For same technology, I prefer the FCS P3S over the VSC-2.
The best sounding products are the one you sell in your shop

Old 2nd June 2015
SEED78
you asked about other options. When I was looking at a alternative to the Vertigo I ended up getting a P4S bus compressor https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-...ompressor.html
Old 3rd June 2015
Gear Addict

If the OP reads this, what did you end up getting?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search