The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maselec STM-822, anyone using it?
Old 28th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Maselec STM-822, anyone using it?

I was wondering if anyone here is using it.
Maselec usually makes great stuff, but this box seems very rare. I haven't read any review or comparation about it.
I'm looking for a summing mixer with 16 channels. The choice is between this and the dangerous 2bus lt. I've heard the 2bus but i got no chance to listen to the maselec, so i'm asking you. The +1 for the 2bus is the possibility to have mono channels, thing that maselec doesn't have.
I'm mixing electronic music, so i need something very clean, transparent and with solid big bottom
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Addict

Maselec stm 822

Hello everyone ??
After selling my 5088 to buy an apartment I was thinking of getting back into high quality summing/mixing....
Even though the signal path in the Maselec stm-822 is probably very clean what happens when it's pounded and the gain is reduced big time? What happens when it's lightly fed and the gain is cranked?
Has anyone used a Maselec stm-822?
Thx for any insight
Old 19th December 2014
Gear Addict

Bump
Old 16th February 2018
Here for the gear
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Akira View Post
I was wondering if anyone here is using it.
Maselec usually makes great stuff, but this box seems very rare. I haven't read any review or comparation about it.
I'm looking for a summing mixer with 16 channels. The choice is between this and the dangerous 2bus lt. I've heard the 2bus but i got no chance to listen to the maselec, so i'm asking you. The +1 for the 2bus is the possibility to have mono channels, thing that maselec doesn't have.
I'm mixing electronic music, so i need something very clean, transparent and with solid big bottom
I checked the Maselec website and I don’t see the product there... is it too new or a discontinued product?

You don’t say what you will be using for converters. Do you already have that or will you be getting something to match the summing box?

You also say you are doing electronic music and need something clean ... does that mean you are not looking for a vibe box to take the electronic sheen off your mix? (That would be what most people look for)
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear
My gear dealer asked about this for me and was told it had been discontinued a while back.

Shame as it looked really good. I went for the
Dangerous 2bus instead though and I’m really happy with it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search