The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Strong Room Recording Studios buys AIR Studios!!!!
Old 9th February 2006
Gear Addict

Strong Room Recording Studios buys AIR Studios!!!!

Hi everyone,

Wasn't really sure where to put this but the famous AIR Studios will have a new owner. Read it here: http://www.airstudios.com/news/release.shtml
Old 9th February 2006
Lives for gear

WOW ... that's big news, thanks for posting it.
Old 9th February 2006
£wow£ Where did Strongroom get all that money to by AIR studios....?
Old 9th February 2006
Lives for gear

.." Turn and face the strain...ch ch Changes.."

-DB

ruudman
Old 9th February 2006
Lives for gear

So will the Air studios now get a new paint job?
Old 9th February 2006
Gear Addict

The way I understand it, is that it will be pretty much business as usual except the pooling of resource (people and equipment) which can only be a good thing really. Great facilities, great people and great music = great albums! thumbsup
Old 10th February 2006
Deleted User
We're gonna be there for a week at the end of this month—my first trip there—can't wait. Congrats to Strongroom for actually making money at being a studio.
Old 10th February 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell
£wow£ Where did Strongroom get all that money to by AIR studios....?
The bank?
Old 10th February 2006
Lives for gear

Wow, I met Richard a few ago and he offered me some 'downtime' at Strongroom if I ever needed it...

I wonder if it's transferable? heh

That's great news though. Strongroom has really tried to adapt and survive in the recording studio business and it's great to see them keeping AIR out of the developers' hands.

R.
Old 10th February 2006
Lives for gear

I had heard they had been looking for a buyer for a while at a really cheap price.

I mean the building is worth the bucks alone.

Just hope that Misner dosen't buy Abbey Road!

"SAE are proud to offer the launch of the Neve platinum range at the legandary Abbey road, a road drill will be going in the background so you can't hear how cheap we are!"

LOL
Old 10th February 2006
Gear Head

what a brave man . damm he must have balls of iron to purchase that studio. may the force be with him .
Old 10th February 2006
Lives for gear

This can only be good news IMO; if anyone can provide a prosperous future for AIR, it's probably Boote and his team.

Anyone that's worked at Strongroom will have met Boote, and that's a testament to the fact he's "hands on" with pretty much all the aspects of the complex, and is not one to sit behind a desk whilst the minions do their thing.

You get the impression Strongroom genuinely study feedback from their users, and have made a visible effort to keep ahead of trends - one can only conclude these strategies have been a pivotal factor in ensuring the operation has gone from strength-to-strength, whilst less forward-thinking outfits have gone to the wall.

The biggest question mark here is why Chrysalis and Pioneer would want to part with the business... Hmm...

Boote's a shrewd cookie, and the times ahead should be interesting.

Justin

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search