The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beez Neez Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd February 2011
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Callison's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Beez Neez

Hey Everyone, just purchased 2 Beez Neez Mic's, the Arabella and Mahalia, Very excited to get my mits on them and get them working in my studio.

I really love U67's, and have been lucky enough to use a few last year, i really hope the Mahalia can give me a bit of that rich mid love.. fingers crossed

Has anyone else got these's mic's? had the chance to use them? any special uses for them?

yezza
Old 22nd February 2011
  #2
Gear Nut
 
integrated's Avatar
 

Hi Callison, i'm planning to buy these two mics soon .. please let me know how you feel with it and how it sounds.. if possible upload some recorded samples.. thank you..
Old 22nd February 2011
  #3
Gear Nut
 

I own two Mahalia's, two Sally's and two Elly's
The Mahalia is one of my favorite mics EVER! It is very similar in tone and vibe to a nice u67. Love em all though, great mics with amazing build quality. MB
Old 22nd February 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Callison's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post
I own two Mahalia's, two Sally's and two Elly's
The Mahalia is one of my favorite mics EVER! It is very similar in tone and vibe to a nice u67. Love em all though, great mics with amazing build quality. MB
Cool Matt, that's a bit exciting.. What do you use the Mahalia's on? Do you have your own studio in QLD (where abouts are you?, spent a little time up there). Do you know Magoo, i did a project with him a few years back, Top Chap he is..
Old 22nd February 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Aisle 6's Avatar
Hey Matt.
We should shoot out my U67 with your Malhalia sometime.
Old 22nd February 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
bigbone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
Hey Matt.
We should shoot out my U67 with your Malhalia sometime.
I will love to hear it.

Thank's
Old 22nd February 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Callison's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by integrated View Post
Hi Callison, i'm planning to buy these two mics soon .. please let me know how you feel with it and how it sounds.. if possible upload some recorded samples.. thank you..
As soon as i get them, i'll do some test and post up here for all to check out..
Old 24th February 2011
  #8
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
Hey Matt.
We should shoot out my U67 with your Malhalia sometime.
For sure mate, that would be cool. I've done a few shoot outs before, and one with another mates 67... but all of those beasts are subtly different from mic to mic. Are you on the gold coast any time soon?

MB
Old 24th February 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Callison's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post
For sure mate, that would be cool. I've done a few shoot outs before, and one with another mates 67... but all of those beasts are subtly different from mic to mic. Are you on the gold coast any time soon?

MB
How was the Mahalia against the 67's?
Old 24th February 2011
  #10
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callison View Post
How was the Mahalia against the 67's?
My thoughts were the mahalia had a bit more mojo in the low mids and a sweeter top end, definitely not harsh just sweet.
Old 24th February 2011
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Callison's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post
My thoughts were the mahalia had a bit more mojo in the low mids and a sweeter top end, definitely not harsh just sweet.
WOW, let me get my hands on this thing
Old 24th February 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Aisle 6's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post
For sure mate, that would be cool. I've done a few shoot outs before, and one with another mates 67... but all of those beasts are subtly different from mic to mic. Are you on the gold coast any time soon?

MB
Maybe. I am just starting to get around a little more after breaking my leg in a dirt bike mishap last November. Smashed up my knee. Just started driving last week. But may get down to the Coast soon.

Also, my U67 although having been rebuilt by Gunter Wagner has had the filters removed, which makes it more versatile. So it is not stock I guess. Still sounds lush though.

Let you know when I am down there next.
Cheers,
Scott.
Old 24th February 2011
  #13
Gear Addict
 
noah440's Avatar
 

Congrats!

I owned an Arabella and loved it, but exchanged it for the Sally due to my personal desire for a more extended top end. I haven't tried the Mahalia, but the Sally is also an absurdly great mic. Every single singer that uses it asks me what it is, and some of them have sung into every mic you can imagine. For some reason not as many people talk about the Sally -- it's like an Arabella but with a slightly more extended (not harsh) high end.

I'd bet that all of his mics are good in their own individual ways. Once again: congrats.
Old 24th February 2011
  #14
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah440 View Post
Congrats!

I owned an Arabella and loved it, but exchanged it for the Sally due to my personal desire for a more extended top end. I haven't tried the Mahalia, but the Sally is also an absurdly great mic. Every single singer that uses it asks me what it is, and some of them have sung into every mic you can imagine. For some reason not as many people talk about the Sally -- it's like an Arabella but with a slightly more extended (not harsh) high end.

I'd bet that all of his mics are good in their own individual ways. Once again: congrats.
I have a matched pair of the Sally's and love them on rock vocals, they have a great mid range attitude hey! also love them on drums and bass cabs.

MB
Old 24th February 2011
  #15
Gear Addict
 
noah440's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post
I have a matched pair of the Sally's and love them on rock vocals, they have a great mid range attitude hey! also love them on drums and bass cabs.

MB
Cool...and interesting! I find that the Sally is great on all types of vocals, though I only have the Arabella to compare it to. I remember you saying that the Mahalia is your Bees Neez star. Perhaps I'll grab one of those in the future...
Old 26th February 2011
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Aisle 6's Avatar
I took delivery today of 2 x Lulu and 2 x Elly mics.
Looking forward to putting them through their paces.
Old 11th March 2011
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Aisle 6's Avatar
The 2 x Lulu's and 2 x Elly mics that I bought are, with early testing, looking to be keepers. : )

Not what I normally gravitate to, but I am surprising drawn there and comfortable there as well.
Old 25th July 2011
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Callison's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
ok so finally my thoughts on the mics.....

Well firstly i'll say, i didn't keep either. The Mahalia was really not what i was expecting, to me it sounded nothing like any U67 i had used. I've only used 5 different U67's but they did not sound or feel the same. It was toppier than my Rode K2.......... I suspected there may well of been something wrong with the mic and sent it back, but no one ever got back to me to say there was something wrong with it, so i guess not

The Arebella however, was a really nice mic, sounded as it should, handled vocals really well, even at loud volumes (i find alot of tube mics don't do this well) sounded really good on accoustics too..

I did a shoot out with a M149 that gunter had modded and to me the M149 just sounded that class above.. I guess for the price difference the arebella stood up really well but for me i had heard the difference..

I sent both the mics back (fair dews to beez neez for that policy) and with the cash managed to buy a second hand M149 and 2 second hand coles 4038's.

I really wanted the beez neez to be the mics but it just wasn't to be.. the Arebella was danm close to being in my locker.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
gurian1 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
14
superjimmer / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
3
asagaai / So much gear, so little time
5

Forum Jump
Forum Jump