The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cranesong Spider, is it worth it?
Old 28th August 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
So....... are you keeping spiders now then Michael?

Yes Sir, besides all the usual ones out on the farm there is now one with green knobs heh
Old 29th August 2002
Gear Addict

Michael,

You and I have to be in a small club of Nashville Spider-men....wonder how many there are??
Old 30th August 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
You and I have to be in a small club of Nashville Spider-men....wonder how many there are??
seems that way. How long have they been out? I'm sure we're not going to be alone very long heh
Old 6th September 2002
Lives for gear
I'm still looking to get a spider, so if someone sees a used one or
could email me a super price on one I would appreciate it.
Until you've lived at this end of the Appalachian trail you have no idea how little money you can make in audio
Flat landers come up from the Big city and end up driving taxi:eek:
Seriously, any pointers would be appreciated
Daniel
Old 6th September 2002
Gear Maniac

email me and I will give ya a couple of pointers of where to get the best price on this sucker...
Old 6th September 2002
There is only one

Quote:
Originally posted by FOURTHTUNZ
Until you've lived at this end of the Appalachian trail you have no idea how little money you can make in audio
you should try this end of the trail... aint much better.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener View Post
seems that way. How long have they been out? I'm sure we're not going to be alone very long heh
A long time a go, in a galaxy far, far away.. Michael Wagener had a Crane Song Spider and one other man wondered, does he still have it?
Old 1 week ago
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCheck123 View Post
A long time a go, in a galaxy far, far away.. Michael Wagener had a Crane Song Spider and one other man wondered, does he still have it?
He still has it, and e is not giving it up
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am also a Spider-man. I've had mine for around 15 years now, and I absolutely love it - I'll be buried with it. The sound is clean, clear, and big - and it gets a little bigger when you hit the "fat" switch on each channel, and a lot bigger when you use the tape saturation simulators. The A>D and clock compare favorably to more modern units, and the safety limiters are basically inaudible. Such a great combination of features.

I don't really use it as an external summing mixer when mixing; I only use it when tracking - usually for drums and percussion, but I do sometimes sum a few mics internally on the unit so I can just record a single stereo pair from a mix of close and room mics. It will be doing all the heavy lifting on drum tracking for my next movie score, starting next month, just as it has been doing since I got it.

A++ unit.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I've had one for almost 18 years, and I agree with Charlie & Michael, 100%. As a comparison, I now also have the redesigned API Box, because I was chasing a more all-in-one solution. The API sounds great, Spider still sounds better. I'll be using both.

People don't often know the digital sections are completely modular and can be upgraded. It is quite future-proof.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

Have any of you by any chance tried his newer Syren tube 500 pre?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search