The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Emi tg 12413
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Emi tg 12413

Hi,
Was wondering what the current market value of these limiters is, and what is overpriced. Thanks.
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Surprised you dont own one. lol.
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
Surprised you dont own one. lol.
LoL....

But the EMI TG 12345 isn't a limiter only. It's one of the most musical sounding console's I every crossed.
They are very reliable and easy in (and almost no) maintenance. It doens't heat up like a Neve V-serie or SSL 9000K.
The price? What a fool can and want to give...
There aren't a lot around anymore in there orginal configuration. Many have been stripped for rack use or putt together with another console to make it bigger.
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
LoL....

But the EMI TG 12345 isn't a limiter only. It's one of the most musical sounding console's I every crossed.
They are very reliable and easy in (and almost no) maintenance. It doens't heat up like a Neve V-serie or SSL 9000K.
There aren't a lot around anymore in there orginal configuration. Many have been stripped for rack use or putt together with another console to make it bigger.

very true.
but the question was about the TG12413, which is indeed solely a limiter module.
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

here's four of them in an emi mastering console:

Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
very true.
but the question was about the TG12413, which is indeed solely a limiter module.
I stand corrected... It was so early in the sunday morning here in Paris... Had a late night session. Had to be back in the studio @ 08.00 in the morning, find out that the weekend intern/stagaire wasn't there (drinking to much and was sleeping :| ) so told on the phone that there was no point to come back. The manager didn't told me that we had a extra session...
Nan a really really nice sunday....

So tell me airmate... TG12413 you can rack them without to much hassle?
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I stand corrected... It was so early in the sunday morning here in Paris... Had a late night session. Had to be back in the studio @ 08.00 in the morning, find out that the weekend intern/stagaire wasn't there (drinking to much and was sleeping :| ) so told on the phone that there was no point to come back. The manager didn't told me that we had a extra session...
Nan a really really nice sunday....

So tell me airmate... TG12413 you can rack them without to much hassle?
no probs! heh

if you are willing to pay top dollar for these (provided, you will find someone willing to sell his modules), racking should not be a big issue. i am only quoting this from the top of my head, as it has been a while since i saw the last ones for sale. but a pair of these will probably sell for 10-15 thousand dollars, so a couple hundred bucks for the rack/psu should not be something to worry about.
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Then the person I know that has a tg12345 console with 4 of these did a nice investment in the 80's....
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Then the person I know that has a tg12345 console with 4 of these did a nice investment in the 80's....
are you talking about vega in france?
Old 6th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Emi tg 12413

I would make sure if you do find these you make sure to get the Gardners transformers that came with them in the desk so you have the same output stage the desk would have.

May I ask what type of sound you ate seeking where you are looking for these?

Many thanks,

Larry Goldsmith
Chairman/Founder - The Recording Arts Foundation

Http://www.therecordingartsfoundation.org
Old 6th February 2011
Lives for gear

There are 4 of them in the EMI console here at York Street. I'm not sure
of the value but i wonder if the price of the chandler re-issue is good place
to look first..?

Old 6th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the nice pictures
Old 7th February 2011
Lives for gear

Will post pics pf my TG 12345 Sidecar very soon!!! heh

Thanks for your reply!

Quote:
LoL....

Old 7th February 2011
Lives for gear

Watching a certain ebay auction, are you?
Now we all are so the price just went up quite a bit!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search