The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
High-End Spring Reverb Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 17th March 2006
Lives for gear

..........."Do you remember how much they were new, and what year it was?....."

Yes, it was 1977. List price was $4995.00. I paid dealer cost which was about $2495.
Old 18th March 2006
Gear Guru

Fisher SpaceExpander in its spot over the basement stairs.

Note the high tech suspension mount.
Attached Thumbnails
High-End Spring Reverb-fisher.jpg  
Old 29th March 2006
Gear Addict

Here's a shot of my out of commsion Masteroom XL500, just the controller in the picture. Its linked by a 50ft cable to the 4 ft box similar to a BX20? Anyway it has 6elemets inside the chamber two long springs (Hall), two shorter springs (Room), and two other rectangular cases for the (Plate) simulation. The controller..main unit had semi parametric for each channel and had variable decay, and a cool but never used feature in which you could have hall on one side and plate on the other or whatever. Also inside there are DBX compander cards for each channel which was supposed to keep it quiet, but honestly its was way to noisy by todays standards.
According to MIX Magazine gear preview from 1983 it retailed for $3,995.
I do have 30 pages of the schematics..giant 2 ft prints ...I have no excuse to not have it fixed...its going cost a few bucks I'm sure.
It did have a wonderful smooth sound and so natural, of course darker than a real plate. Would make for some nice IR's! When that does happen I'll make it available to all.
Till then check out the pics...
Attached Thumbnails
High-End Spring Reverb-photo_020606_001.jpg   High-End Spring Reverb-photo_020606_003.jpg  
Old 29th March 2006
Gear Maniac

I have the Demeter and like it a lot. Sounds lush, very "real" (no pun). I wish I was more experienced so I could give a more valuable assessment. I'm never afraid to use the unit because it always sounds natural. I also like how simple it is. It is just my verb when I need it.

I had a good experience when I screwed up and managed to fry one of the outputs (I think, maybe input) by having phantom power running through the system. Thought I was avoiding it but I was wrong.

I called Demeter with my problem (not then knowing what I did). The service guy helped me out, and a couple times asked a question of his workmate James who was in the repair shop. It was James Demeter, doing service work. Nice to buy from a small outfit like that. They even gave me a freebie repair I didn't deserve.

PC
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Maniac

I look forward to hearing how you like it, Rob. I'm leaning towards ordering one up myself.
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Head

I have an inoperable AKG BX5, anybody help with where to get it serviced in Vancouver, British Columbia? I took it apart and everything on a "visual" check there seems to be there.

Thanks in advance
Ryan
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Maniac

Hi Ryan,

I'd contact Richard at Backline Musician Services and see if he'd be up to taking a look at it. He's done a great job for me in the recent past on a wide spectrum of electronic music gear. Super guy, too!

Good luck!
Scott
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Which is better, Master Room xl305 (or dual 121, what's diff?), or the smaller BX boxes like BX-5, BX-10?
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

also, anyone know how to prepare these so they can be shipped or moved without breaking?
Old 25th May 2018
I use three different ones here. An old hot rodded 1960's Fisher, A Demeter Real Verb and the Little Walter octal tube reverb. They all three have a great, diverse sound with the Little Walter being the most versatile.

R

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search