The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Issues with ADL 1500
Old 28th March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

The ADL 1500 is a great unit and Anthony's service is second to none.

The 1500 has nothing to do with Presonus. I bought mine brand new way back before I think Presonus even existed, might have been mid `90's or so.

The 1500 is a hand-built, high-end, boutique piece... it is in no way a cheap, mass produced unit (the way you may think of some Presonus gear).

Anthony is indeed an extremely nice and helpful person, I've had the pleasure of speaking with him at length on several occasions over the years, there's nothing cooler than being able to deal directly with the person who actually designed and built your unit.

I actually have one old Presonus mic-pre unit here, it's built like a tank, never had any problems with it, and it performs well considering the low price. Based on this, I never thought of Presonus as a company that makes cheap, crappy gear. But, I am not familiar with any of their other products.
Gear Guru

I don't want to differ, and you guys may be right.
Read Links, click on them. So I call you Bull Fuc*ing Sh*t.

PreSonus ADL 600 Reviews | Sweetwater.com

ADL: Magazine Reviews

PreSonus, ADL hitting sweet spot.(sound recording) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

Presonus ADL 600 Dual Channel Mic, Line, Instrument pre studio equipment review

I don't care how you slice and dice your favorite ADL product, Presonus name is attached.

Back to Topic..........Please
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
I don't want to differ, and you guys may be right.
Read Links, click on them. So I call you Bull Fuc*ing Sh*t.

PreSonus ADL 600 Reviews | Sweetwater.com

ADL: Magazine Reviews

PreSonus, ADL hitting sweet spot.(sound recording) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

Presonus ADL 600 Dual Channel Mic, Line, Instrument pre studio equipment review

I don't care how you slice and dice your favorite ADL product, Presonus name is attached.

Back to Topic..........Please

Should SAE's custom Series 75 console leave a lot to be desired, bad QC, etc, are you going to then go on AMS Neve threads and start sh1ting on AMS Neve?
I'd hope the answer is no. Reason? Because it's not their product. SAE licensed the Neve name for their product that's based on past Neve products.

You've either completely missed the point or you have some ridiculous pride to not want to admit you're wrong (kind of crazy considering you're keeping yourself anonymous).

Again, this is an ADL 1500 thread.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
Should SAE's custom Series 75 console leave a lot to be desired, bad QC, etc, are you going to then go on AMS Neve threads and start sh1ting on AMS Neve?
I'd hope the answer is no. Reason? Because it's not their product. SAE licensed the Neve name for their product that's based on past Neve products.

You've either completely missed the point or you have some ridiculous pride to not want to admit you're wrong (kind of crazy considering you're keeping yourself anonymous).

Again, this is an ADL 1500 thread.
Before we continue, what am I wrong about ?
Anonymous? Where do you get that ?
I really don't want to drag the thread down about comparing other gear such as API etc.
That's why I bumped it back to On Topic Please !!!
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassie12 View Post
I bought a used ADL1500 about two years ago. It was all kinds of weird. I sent it back to ADL. It took a while, but came back perfect. Anthony did a complete rebuild/update/tweak, new power tranny, retube & new t4s. He really wants every unit out there to be at it's best. Didn't cost that much either, less than $500 including shipping. Anthony's a good guy.
Here is my point, GS is full of issues as such about ADL in the past, the guys that are building the gear can do better and that goes for better tubes in the 600, prue junk. Nothing as such if its great gear should ever leave the warehouse with poor built tubes.
I am sorry I am just hearing to much bad coming from ADL, I have owned many pieces of Presonus gear including the 600, bad luck with all, tubes firewire ports, pots...the list goes on with Presonus.
The good and the bad must come out of there products for the searches here on GS. I read searches before I buy and make those decisions for the past few years, and all I have read has pretty much been on point.

Again Back to Topic........
Quote:
Here is my point, GS is full of issues as such about ADL in the past, the guys that are building the gear can do better and that goes for better tubes in the 600, prue junk. Nothing as such if its great gear should ever leave the warehouse with poor built tubes.
I am sorry I am just hearing to much bad coming from ADL, I have owned many pieces of Presonus gear including the 600, bad luck with all, tubes firewire ports, pots...the list goes on with Presonus.
The good and the bad must come out of there products for the searches here on GS. I read searches before I buy and make those decisions for the past few years, and all I have read has pretty much been on point.

Again Back to Topic........
The more you post the more you show what you don't know
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
The more you post the more you show what you don't know
Then you go for it.............waiting.
It's up to you and me since I had facepalm on post 15 and you followed up on post 16 with a stupid remark.
Come on, Give it your best shot on ADL, which has nothing to do with Presonus ? I already proved my point on that.

Last edited by AllAboutTone; 28th March 2011 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: You know what, I take back all I said, Presonus/ADL is not worth the hassle.
Quote:

Then you go for it.............waiting.
It's up to you and me since I had facepalm on post 15 and you followed up on post 16 with a stupid remark.
Come on, Give it your best shot on ADL, which has nothing to do with Presonus ? I already proved my point on that.
My "stupid" remark was that you're wrong, it's actually right since you've proven you know nothing about Anthony DeMAria and what he does. He has one association with presonus, mainly he's known for making compressors and doing restoration work on vintage gear. His place is in upstate NY, where as Presonus is in Baton Rouge. I even posted a link so you could look for yourself and see what else DeMAria does. But I guess you were too busy spouting off to notice. He also makes a copy of a Fairchild 670, that probably sells for 10 grand. If you actually paid attention to this thread you would have noticed the OP is posting about a unit made in 1996. I guess it must be a piece of junk if it can't work perfectly after a lousy little 15 years.

As far as the 600 goes I won't waste my time with you any longer on that.
BTW YOU ARE ANONYMOUS, there's no real name anywhere, no link to a website so people can actually check out what you do
and see if you have a clue. That would make you anonymous.
Gear Guru

In Closing I am not wrong about poor built gear.

I am ANONYMOUS, Im just a poor guy from the South with a Radio Shack mixer with a 3630 on the 2 buss as far as you are concerned.

Why should I have links on GS ? Im not a retailer, I'm in SC so I'm not trying to push my studio or video production for clients, he'll there only a handful of GS in SC if that many, I'm no west coast player or a NY Yankee.
"Everyone's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey" ~ John Lennon.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
"Everyone's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey" ~ John Lennon.
I like that one....
Gear Nut

Quote:
In Closing I am not wrong about poor built gear.
You are indeed wrong. And worse.

Except for a single design that was licensed from ADL by Presonus, no ADL product has been made or marketed by Presonus, and this includes the ADL1500 that is the subject of this thread.

There is in fact no connection whatever between the ADL1500 and Presonus, as has been stated repeatedly here.

Your undying effort to create a connection where none exists is misinformation of the worst kind.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppermost View Post
You are indeed wrong. And worse.

Except for a single design that was licensed from ADL by Presonus, no ADL product has been made or marketed by Presonus, and this includes the ADL1500 that is the subject of this thread.

There is in fact no connection whatever between the ADL1500 and Presonus, as has been stated repeatedly here.

Your undying effort to create a connection where none exists is misinformation of the worst kind.
You are correct, but the others YES like the 600...
Anyways I have to stop bitching with you guys and chill, Jules is getting all heated and lathered up over this thread getting out of hand, says its trivial. Klonopin is needed I suppose.
Good Luck with your ADL gear. Buy More, Buy it all..........

For now I'm out of the mix.
📝 Reply