The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
428 AD converter option versus...PT HD Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 3rd January 2011
428 AD converter option versus...PT HD

Ok, peers, before starting this thread, i have checked and searched through every similar thread here, so I tried mnot to duplicate anyone else's efforts.

I have a Focusrite 428 pre and I am quite fond of it. Right now, outputs go into Pro Tools HD through a 96i or 192, and yes, everything works. but I also have a third interface, the 192 digital sitting in the PT rack as well...

My question to you lot is: Is it worth buying the ƒAD option card and running that into the 192 digital? Do you reckon the ƒ converters are better than those in the 192 analog, or have any of you had time to compare?

Many thanks in advance for your excellent input.

Ward
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardpike View Post
Ok, peers, before starting this thread, i have checked and searched through every similar thread here, so I tried mnot to duplicate anyone else's efforts.

I have a Focusrite 428 pre and I am quite fond of it. Right now, outputs go into Pro Tools HD through a 96i or 192, and yes, everything works. but I also have a third interface, the 192 digital sitting in the PT rack as well...

My question to you lot is: Is it worth buying the ƒAD option card and running that into the 192 digital? Do you reckon the ƒ converters are better than those in the 192 analog, or have any of you had time to compare?

Many thanks in advance for your excellent input.

Ward
I have a pair of older 428's with A/D, and I was told by Focusrite when I inquired about the newer Burr-Brown A/D's that the original versions were very similar in quality and sound to the Digi 192. So if that's true, adding an older A/D card would seem to be pretty much a wash. If you put in one of the newer boards, though, I've heard that they are a step up. No direct experience, however.
Old 3rd January 2011
Thanks Sean, I've heard the same... so I'll center my curiosity on the newer ones.

Slutz? Any input?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search