The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
witw is groove tube vipre? Single-Channel Preamps
Old 2nd January 2011
witw is groove tube vipre?

where in the world is groove tubes vipre?

groove tube site has no info or links.
Old 2nd January 2011
GROOVE TUBES VIPRE

From memory... Grove tube was bought by Alesis, then they split apart when Alesis started to have money problems. 2-3Years ago Grove Tubes de solved and the tube division I think was bought by Fender.

So the Microphones, Gear etc.. all is a thing of the past.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginaryday View Post
where in the world is groove tubes vipre?
Sitting in my rack like a queen on her throne. Serial #13.

It had a problem a few years ago, so I sent it in to get it fixed and overhauled. Sounded better than ever and still does. I love this pre.

I hope it never breaks again, I don't even know who I'd call at this point.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

. . in typical GS and internet fashion . . . everyone raved about this pre at first. Six months later, people didn't even want to talk about it. I can tell you from owning one, it's a great pre. . . . if you can find one, pick it up. I use mine all the time. It can make one mic sound like several mics with it's impedance and rise settings. Big fat sound! I use it with all kinds of mics in different situations with great results. I have many nice pres . . it always does something that no others can given the right settings. Not saying it's perfect for everything . . but it does BIG better them most.
Old 3rd January 2011
Groove Tubes "The Glory Comp" & "Vipre" TOGETHER! - eBay (item 160525807171 end time Jan-10-11 17:02:55 PST)

From a listing from somewhere else on the internet where an individual is selling both the Vipre and the GT compressor.

Might be of interest to someone, purely from a research p.o.v. of course. (no connections to meself)

Ward
Old 3rd January 2011
thanks to all for the replies. it's kind of sad to see this kind of quality gear dropped. i hope fender considers its Resurrection.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

i think we still have one of each...a demo
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardpike View Post
Groove Tubes "The Glory Comp" & "Vipre" TOGETHER! - eBay (item 160525807171 end time Jan-10-11 17:02:55 PST)

From a listing from somewhere else on the internet where an individual is selling both the Vipre and the GT compressor.

Might be of interest to someone, purely from a research p.o.v. of course. (no connections to meself)

Ward
I have been tracking that one, it is out of my league, especially this time of year but I watch out of morbid curiosity
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search