The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best sidechain compressor? Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear
Best sidechain compressor?

I was looking into getting an 2-1176 as an master bus but I noticed that it doesn't have inputs for sidechain mixing.

It funny cause I have the 2 cheapest comps out there (...3036 and a presonus) and they both have this feature!

I'm working on modern electronic/club productions after being in rock bands and want try and fuse that energy together.

What are other options?
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

SSL G384 is amazing on master bus, sidechain input indeed
I've never heard anything adapt so dynamically to the input material, and still impose its own character in such an obvious and and smile inducing way
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

1176 are not really a good choice for typical 2bus application, no slow attacktimes and no lower ratio than 4:1
I agree that SSL is great for this and afaik the g series comp for x-rack or mynx does have a sidchain input ( the other models do not have one!).
on top of that the mynx plus buscomp combo is also ssl cheapest busscomp offer, a no brainer...
if you want to spend even less then I would either go for an ssl clone with sidechain or a used dbx 160sl which is also a beast of a compressor once you get familiar with it.
Best,
Flo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search