The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx Aurora 16 vs Apogee Symphony Digital Converters
Old 10th August 2013
Lives for gear
send it to Apogee! i bet they make it an add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungdad View Post
Maybe getting a little weird here, but the Symphony is like an extension of my life. How do I like bourbon? With a nice warmth and a smooth finish on top. How do I like steak? With that mouth-watering warm flavor and a complimentary level of spices on top. Why do people like Mac's operating system? Because the graphics are warm and crisp at the same time. With the Symphony, I am hearing just like what I prefer to see, taste, and smell. It is an extension of my life and I could not imagine working with anything else.
Old 10th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungdad View Post
I was shopping both and went with the Apogee. I couldn't be happier. Tracking always sounds amazing, but honestly, I just get a huge smile just listening to my iTunes library through the thing. Round and punchy bottom, silky top, great definition -- it really is a signature sound. Call it colored if you want, but I just love the way it makes music sound compared to just about every piece of digital gear I've ever used.

Maybe getting a little weird here, but the Symphony is like an extension of my life. How do I like bourbon? With a nice warmth and a smooth finish on top. How do I like steak? With that mouth-watering warm flavor and a complimentary level of spices on top. Why do people like Mac's operating system? Because the graphics are warm and crisp at the same time. With the Symphony, I am hearing just like what I prefer to see, taste, and smell. It is an extension of my life and I could not imagine working with anything else.
I agree with everything you have said. I had a Duet, then a Rosetta 200. Sold that to get an Apollo. Missed the heck out of the Apogee sound. Sold the Apollo, bought a Symphony I/O. Now I am back home. Apogee just sounds the way, I like to hear.
Old 11th August 2013
Gear Nut

Same here - from Rosetta 800 to Apollo Quad and then back to Apogee, but upgraded to Symphony I/O and really glad I did!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search