The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Alphalink question Audio Interfaces
Old 30th December 2010
SSL Alphalink question

Hey there!
I was wondering, when the in/out matrix on the alphalink is set to analog in-analog out, is there any conversion to digital and back performed? I would think no, but since the clock has to be set to internal and not external (I am usually using the alphalink clocked to a MX4 card) I dont know what to believe. Why would the alphalink need a clock at all if there is no conversion?

Reason Im asking is because I would like to try to run from my turntable to speakers in a totally analog path.

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Old 31st December 2010
anyone? Maybe I should just send SSL an email, just figured some sluts here would be able to give me the answer faster
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Yes, it will run thru the convertors. All routing is done in the digital domain.

Still, this shouldn't be really an issue if this is the most practical use for you. As a bonus, you can record at once what you're doing via one of the digital outs (set the routing accordingly).
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search