The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
focal twin6 won't turn on
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac
focal twin6 won't turn on

Hi, I just got my twin6 pair and one of them won't turn on. I tried the same cable on the computer but didn't work out. Next I tried another socket but also didn't help. What should I do? return? or is there something I might have overseen? fuse?
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Head

Did you check the fuse?
---
Edit: just saw your "fuse" end to the post! Sorry - long day! Usually where it's at though. Best of luck - hope it powers up nicely!

Last edited by Stenkjaer; 29th December 2010 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Minor oversight...
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac
lol no problem :p what can I check/change about it? never done anything with fuses, this is my first device that allows me to do something with it!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Don't know anything about where the fuse is but if these are brand new I would consider returning them. Blown fuses are easy to fix but they can be an indication of other issues with the power supply or internal amps.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

The fuse is located on the back of the monitor directly to the left of the IEC socket. Simply unscrew the cap and take out the fuse. It will be easy to see if it is blown by looking at it.

As stated above, if the Twins are new you may want to take them back as blown fuses typically indicate PS issues.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac
Yeah saw the fuse but didn't dare to touch it..Thanks for the replies, return it is then! will await response of the shop.

listening in mono right now. Already heard the first things I never heard before!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Twins come with extra fuses. Mine did.
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Maniac
Mine didn't only with transparent rubber decouplers? and UK plug? were the extra fuses in the plastic bag?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search