The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Beez Neez purchase - Happy Christmas to myself. Condenser Microphones
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

New Beez Neez purchase - Happy Christmas to myself.

I just ordered myself 2 x Beez Neez Elly & 2 x Beez Neez Lulu mics.
Both models are solid state FET mics the Elly with a Cinimag transformer.
I am looking forward to receiving these bad boys. I am hoping that the Elly will give me another cool flavour for OH's and other duties...I will let you know how they go. Boy you cannot beat his pricing and quality.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Nut

Congrats on the new mics!

We have two Mahalia's & two Sally's. Out of all the mics we have, and all the mics I have EVER used, The Mahalia is THE mic. It's magic!

Let me know how the Fet's go, I have two on order and would love to have some insight on what the are like on kick and guitar cabs etc...

Merry Christmas!!!
Old 28th December 2010
MAN, thats what I wanted for Xmas- Congrats!
Have you heard anything about the Elly other than the description on the BN site? Did you order direct from Ben? If so how long will it take to arrive? I noticed they had Beesneez for sale at proaudiotoys site- does anyone know if this site is a legit US distributor of BN? Sorry for all the questions just close to pulling the trigger on one of these as they seem like a very sweet deal indeed... Please keep us posted.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Congrats!

I'm also curious on the Elly's sound. I've been using a pair of Fet Lulus since they came out and they are great mics. Ballanced and with that low-mid arrogance, if that makes sense.

Ben's doing a great job.. I might convert my Arabella GT to a producer soon.

Cheers
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post

We have two Mahalia's & two Sally's.
Hey Matt,

What about the Sallys?? How do they compare?? I know they have tons of headroom, but what about the sound, aplications, etc??

Thanks!
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by claend View Post
Congrats! I'm also curious on the Elly's sound.
+1
Not much info around on the Elly mic.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
I just ordered myself 2 x Beez Neez Elly & 2 x Beez Neez Lulu mics...I am looking forward to receiving these bad boys...
Have mercy!

Having a moment's regard for their names, I would guess that neither Elly nor Lulu are gonna be "bad boys" no matter how much you're looking forward to it. Bad girls, maybe.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgechon View Post
I noticed they had Beesneez for sale at proaudiotoys site- does anyone know if this site is a legit US distributor of BN?
I recently saw them listed on the Vintage King products page.

They make great mics!!!
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

man, i'm trying to get a quote on an arabella shipped to the uk and no response from beezneez after two emails and three weeks

anyone know what's up?

am thinking about grabbing a vintage u87 instead, money's burning a hole in my pocket heh
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utters View Post
man, i'm trying to get a quote on an arabella shipped to the uk and no response from beezneez after two emails and three weeks

anyone know what's up?

am thinking about grabbing a vintage u87 instead, money's burning a hole in my pocket heh
Have you tried to PM Ben (mics)? he might be busy.

Anyway there's quite a difference between an Arabella and a U87, just saying. Try to talk to Ben about what suits you best, he's really helpful.

If it's helpful and memory serves me well, I paid around 130$ for shipping to Barcelona.

Cheers
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

@claend

have tried to PM too I think?

Of course it's a different beast to a U87

I'll be getting both, it's just a case of which one I get first!
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartlem View Post

We have two Mahalia's & two Sally's. Out of all the mics we have, and all the mics I have EVER used, The Mahalia is THE mic. It's magic!

Let me know how the Fet's go, I have two on order and would love to have some insight on what the are like on kick and guitar cabs etc...

Merry Christmas!!!
I believe from peoples posts that the Mahalia's are a U67ish flavour. I have a U67, so was after something different. I love U47 FET's on kit OH's, they sound enormous and I thought that the Elly combo may go there.
Cheers,
Scott
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgechon View Post
MAN, thats what I wanted for Xmas- Congrats!
Have you heard anything about the Elly other than the description on the BN site? Did you order direct from Ben? If so how long will it take to arrive? I noticed they had Beesneez for sale at proaudiotoys site- does anyone know if this site is a legit US distributor of BN? Sorry for all the questions just close to pulling the trigger on one of these as they seem like a very sweet deal indeed... Please keep us posted.
Ben rang me and we chatted for a while and then I gave him my credit card number for the order. He did mention that he has set up...I hope I get this right...consultants in the US rather than distributors. I got the impression that they facilitate direct sales. He set this up at the AES show recently. Sorry if I got this wrong Ben. : P
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
@claend

I'll be getting both, it's just a case of which one I get first!
That's the spirit!!
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

anyone know what's up?

I emailed Ben and he called me back. All very easy and very professional.
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Addict

Gonna bump this on the thoughts on the Sally. Been thinking about that one for a while.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

I have not heard the Sally...sorry. There is a thread somewhere on GS that has a bunch of audio files reviewing several of the Beez Neez mics against several other industry standards.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
I have not heard the Sally...sorry. There is a thread somewhere on GS that has a bunch of audio files reviewing several of the Beez Neez mics against several other industry standards.
It was that thread that spurred my purchase of a James and subsequently 2 LuLu's.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartfelt View Post
It was that thread that spurred my purchase of a James and subsequently 2 LuLu's.
The U47, Wagner47 and the Arabella were the standouts for me on that thread.
Old 2nd January 2011
I thought the u47 was the best but the james sounded REALLY good next to it. I actually ended up buying a jade because Im hoping the accentuated upper midrange will help the vocal stand out for this hip hop project im working on. Plus it was a few hundred cheaper! Thanks Ben for that shootout and proaudiotoys for the sweet deal. I do wish there were clips of the elly next to some classics to help with my decision.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by claend View Post
.....I've been using a pair of Fet Lulus since they came out and they are great mics. Ballanced and with that low-mid arrogance, if that makes sense.
LOL....love that! All things sounding confident shall have a certain low mid arrogance! heh That palpable, unquantifyable thing......damned, might have to try some LuLu's......

To my use S/N and output would be quite important, looking for max output/quietness in order to drive some pre's I love with soft fingerpicked nylon string guitar...how's the FET in that regard? My ideal output/S/N vibe would be like Gefell M294/5's with lots of out and minimal noise, but then those are larger diaphragms.....

Also keen to hear about the tranny less LuLu's! Should prove quieter still, yet do they miss the trannies or are they (likely) rather happy without?
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Nut

I have a pair of Ellys (Stereo matched pair) going cheap if anyone is keen?
PM me for details.

Matt B - Loose Stones Studios.
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Guru

And I have a lovely pair of LuLu FET's in the classifieds. Seems no one is buying whatsoever though, not even an offer........I thought people knew about their quality around here.......seems not.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search