The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Microclock MKII Audio Interfaces
Old 27th December 2010
Microclock MKII

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Microclock MKII.

Been using it for a week now and I'm very glad I bought it (even though it cost me over $700 dollars here in Norway).

If I had known buying an external clock, to my Mbox 2 Pro, would have made such a improvement in sound quality I would have bought it years ago.

When I record acoustic guitars, vocals, etc the sound is very rich, wide, spacious and clear. Using the Mbox 2 Pro internal clock everything becomes flat and dull in comparison. Almost like several layers of depth and space is removed.

Note I'm just an hobbyist so I don't have expensive converters to compare with. I can only compare to the Mbox 2 Pro it self. But with the Microclock MKII there is a major improvement in sound quality.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

I have one and it really helped my Motu 24 i/o.
I am now using a lynx Aurora 16. It already sounds good, I notice no significant difference when clocked with the microclock. It seems it will have an improvement on hardware that has a poor clock. Hardware that has a good internal clock may not be helped so much. So I think your conclusion may be wrong. It doesn't help better hardware as much.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search