The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
lynx aurora opinions? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 25th December 2010
  #1
Lives for gear
 

lynx aurora opinions?

I'm on an maudio profire2626 right now. it sounds fine. not great, not bad at all. will the lynx aurora be a huge improvement?

with the fw card, can the aurora8 still do all 8 channels at 192khz?

my room sounds ok. I have klein and hummel 0110 monitors. I mostly mix at home. and when I'm doing projects with vsts I do the programming/composing/editing/etc... at home. so I don't do much a/d at home but I do some. usually my classical guitar out in the living room for a project.

what say you?
Old 25th December 2010
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
Pliplo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnajar View Post
I'm on an maudio profire2626 right now. it sounds fine. not great, not bad at all. will the lynx aurora be a huge improvement?

with the fw card, can the aurora8 still do all 8 channels at 192khz?

my room sounds ok. I have klein and hummel 0110 monitors. I mostly mix at home. and when I'm doing projects with vsts I do the programming/composing/editing/etc... at home. so I don't do much a/d at home but I do some. usually my classical guitar out in the living room for a project.

what say you?
As long as you realize that the aurora is just a converter and you'd need some good pres, yes, it'll be a huge improvement.
Old 25th December 2010
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliplo View Post
As long as you realize that the aurora is just a converter and you'd need some good pres, yes, it'll be a huge improvement.
thanks. yes i have 2 channels of millennia and an 8 channel true systems. they both sound great. right now the true goes into the line ins of the profire and the millennia doesn't really get used unless i patch it in.

N
Old 25th December 2010
  #4
Lives for gear
 
RusRant's Avatar
 

I wouldn't say a huge improvment. It's probably a 5-10% improvment at best. If your using great mics, cable, pres, etc. Then the converter makes a slight improvment. But all the improvments add up.
Old 25th December 2010
  #5
lynx aurora opinions?

I'd quantify it differently. You should hear "considerable" improvement. I used to own a PF26 as a PTMP rig when they first came out. I connected both Rosetta and Aurora to it regularly. Never really used its mic pres, just the lines, so I AB'd it for several days when I first got it all. I think I even posted some samples here somewhere - can't recall for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRant
I wouldn't say a huge improvment. It's probably a 5-10% improvment at best. If your using great mics, cable, pres, etc. Then the converter makes a slight improvment. But all the improvments add up.


Sent from my iPhone using Gearslutz
Old 25th December 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Grummy77's Avatar
 

It was a giant upgrade for me, but that was from a DIGI003R. I was expecting a subtle improvement, but it was a very noticeable improvement. Never compared it with a 2626 though.
Old 25th December 2010
  #7
Gear Head
 

We use the Aurora 16. It's way easier to mix tracks than when recording through the Apogee stuff. Apogee puts a smiley curve on everything.

The Aurora is sonically invisible. It's totally transparent which is great.
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
limey222 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
d1rtynyc / So much gear, so little time
0
Bump Music / Mastering forum
12

Forum Jump
Forum Jump