The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADT's modular strips
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

ADT's modular strips

Anyone have any experience with these folks?

By the looks, the price and the origin (GER), they seem kickass. Haven't read much on the board about them though.

I like the idea of a modular strip and as far as I understand, you could combine several units and hook them up to different chains, it's not just one strip with one set of ins/outs. Pretty cool. Wouldn't mind me a combo of transformer pre, di, compressor and gate/filters. I wonder if they have blank plates if you don't want 5 units in one? Oh well, any info you have, spit it out.

modular Channel Strip ToolMod
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Head
I just got one and its really great. Very good built, I have toolmix8 and toolmaster + eq, comp and limiter, all stereo.

On first few listens it sounds dope! EQ is very precise, you can push comp pretty much and it has great option for envelope on parallel compresion. Limiter is maybe too hard for my taste. But again, I'm still just descovering it as I just got it.

Also have in mind that I didn't have much touch with hi end stuff till now. But this is what I was expecting from something that is high end
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

I have a rack with DIs, EQs, Gates, Compressors, Limiters and MS Matrix. These are precision tools with not much colour or hype. Very neutral. What exactly do you want to know?
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

I don't know, anything I guess. Just stumbled over them and they have that sexy look of high end gear and are highly customizable. Plus you can combine several functions in just 1U which is awesome if you're a bit cramped for space. I wouldn't say no to a few preamps and a di, or a wholly customized vocal strip. Or maybe a multi channel compressor limiter... Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search