The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2,000 to spend on Hip-Hop/Pop lead vocal mic Condenser Microphones
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Head

2,000 to spend on Hip-Hop/Pop lead vocal mic

And it's come down to:

Peluso 2247LE

or

Pearlman TM1

My current vocal chain is AT4040, Digi 003 with an Avedis MA5. I will strictly be recording my own vocals and I'm looking for a warm/smooth sound. Thank you for your time and opinion!
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Addict

save the ca$h

Get yourself an SM7. Everybody is using them. Perfect. The money you save should get you a wicked pre-amp and a bag of weed for the artists.
Old 21st December 2010
Another option, of course, is a used U87 (any incarnation.. dont worry too too about people's comments re: Ai version etc)
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

I would up your price range just a tad and get a Bees Neez U47 style, or maybe go for a used one. Then you'll def be in the $2000 range. I had my Peluso 47LE modded by BN and it's been a dream for pop/rnb/hip hop. I think an Arabella or Sally would be the ticket thumbsup

But yea those prices are looking a bit higher than they were before, used may be the way to go if you wanted a BN.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm glad you like the Brauners!
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knastratt View Post
I'm glad you like the Brauners!
Who said anything about Brauner? Is this some kind of weak trolling attempt? heh
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm5k View Post
I would up your price range just a tad and get a Bees Neez U47 style, or maybe go for a used one. Then you'll def be in the $2000 range. I had my Peluso 47LE modded by BN and it's been a dream for pop/rnb/hip hop. I think an Arabella or Sally would be the ticket thumbsup

But yea those prices are looking a bit higher than they were before, used may be the way to go if you wanted a BN.
I was thinking about the Peluso 2247LE but what do you mean modded by BN? Is that necessary and how much extra does it cost?
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZad View Post
I was thinking about the Peluso 2247LE but what do you mean modded by BN? Is that necessary and how much extra does it cost?
BN stands for Bees Neez in my post. thought it would be okay to say "BN" after I had suggested you get a "Bees Neez U47 Style" mic. Sorry for confusion thumbsup

It's not necessary at all to go this route. I just already had the Peluso and it was a good contender for Ben's mod.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict
What exactly is Ben's mod? I have a 2247 so I may consider it.
Thanks

Dan
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobud View Post
What exactly is Ben's mod? I have a 2247 so I may consider it.
Thanks

Dan
PM'd. Don't want to hijack thread with mod talk...
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

someone beat me

someone beat me to the U87, definitely worth the $$$
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

I just recently had a similar amount to spend and in the end went with the SE electronics Gemini ii which i picked up brand new for a scandalous price.

So far its been amazing. Heres a sample of male and female vox ive got from it (bare in mind im no pro so it could be alot better)

ZambianAstronaut

Its called straight from the soul but should appear straight away.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search