The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee AD16x Sound Question?? Audio Interfaces
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Apogee AD16x Sound Question??

Hello guys I have an Apogee AD16x that hooks up to a Lynx AES16!,, I already have a DB25 to DB25 to connect the ad16x and AES16. I also have the Dsub for the inputs of the AD16x (DB25 to TRS) My question is, should i be using XLR instead of TRS for the inputs of the Apogee? Would there be a difference sonically? Also would I benefit from clocking the AD16x with the WC connections on the back of the AD16x wich are seperate from the AES outs,, becuase now I am clocking thru the DB25 to DB25 cable! Thanks for your help guys! thumbsup
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

If it has to be connectors, I'd pick XLR over TRS. Why not just connect the AD16x via Dsub and do the clocking via BNC?
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
If it has to be connectors, I'd pick XLR over TRS. Why not just connect the AD16x via Dsub and do the clocking via BNC?
so XLR over TRS is better sonically? or just better quality wise? also clocking BNC would produce better results too? Thanks for your input man!!thumbsup
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

For input on the Apogee (analog in) there is not sonic difference between XLR and TRS. I use TRS because of my patch bay. Use whichever works with your system.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search