The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NEED HELP WITH AD-16X / HD OMNI , etc. Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

NEED HELP WITH AD-16X / HD OMNI , etc.

HELP!! LONG EMAIL AND I NEED ADVICE 'CAUSE I DON'T TRUST SWEETWATER!!

Okay I think I just made a mistake buying the HD OMNI interface. Is there any way (please forgive the ignorance) is there any way to hook a breakout cable (snake DB-25 XLR MALE) to the OMNI with Male XLR inputs so I can put my analog inputs (i.e. mics, amps, di boxes, preamps, etc.) instead of using the 1/4 TRS inputs that come w/ the OMNI? I could certainly use the 4 preamps that come with the OMNI, but I need 4 more channels and they need to be XLR or does it even matter if its 1/4 in. or XLR?? Honestly if one of you who are wiser about this stuff if you could tell me that 1/4 in or XLR doesn't matter (however that would mess up my sansamp di box)

And also I thought hey okay I got an Apogee AD-16X works like a charm love it --- is there any way I can hook the OMNI up to the AD-16X so that I connect the DB-25 Snake Cable XLR Male inputs into the AD-16X Analog Input or the AES I/O while using some other cable (and please tell me what cable I would need to get!) to connect from the AD-16X to the OMNI? Is this possible? Basically I would be using the OMNI like a headphone amp and utilize the pre's on it however I want to use a breakout cable to connect my mics, etc. to. I also have a Lynx Aurora 8 Channel Converter - is there any way to hook that up? Sorry for taking so long I just want to use the OMNI like a master and use the AD-16X or Lynx as the slave and connect ALL MY XLR INPUTS into the breakout cable that would be connected to the AD-16X. Then there is always ADAT but I'm not too impressed with it. That would be great if I could use my apogee converter to have the analog inputs inserted in it and then have those analog inputs go through the OMNI.

OR should I say the hell with it and buy a Mytek?

Please help I am really bummed out about this I'm using HD2 on my AD-16X (x-hd card) but I would like to actually have an interface. What I'd really like to hear is how great the HD OMNI interface is. Truthfully though guys....did I buy a total dud peice of crap?

this is very important for me so if you can please reply or email me at [email protected]. Either way I need you're brains 'cause I got lots of gear and very little brains.

Thanks guys,

Absinta

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search