The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Big Bottle... Green? Condenser Microphones
Old 15th December 2010
Blue Big Bottle... Green?

Hello Guys,

I just bought an used Blue Bottle (Big) microphone.

The weird thing is that this one is Green instead of Blue.

I've never seen a green one, I've search around the internet trying to find info about this but haven't found anything.

It comes with the Big Anvil Case, power supply, fancy cable, etc, etc. But it catch my attention that this one is Green!

Do you know anything about this?

Best regards.

Delcosmos.
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

I´ve seen a photo of a pink one, I think they made special versions for extra fee

Matti
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm not sure if they are still doing it under the new ownership, but you used to be able to order the mic in custom colors. I've seen red, green, and white.

I've contemplated calling them up to ask if they can paint mine entirely gold for that C3PO look heh
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Addict

Does it say Blue?

I know Violet mics started as manufacturers for Blue. When they first came out as a new company I saw and remarked to their representative at NAMM that half of their mics looked just like the distinctive Blue Mics but different colors (I don't remember if I saw a green Bottle, but I definitely saw a bottle). Their guy explained to me that they ended manufacturing ties with Blue and along with their own new mics, they would be selling the Blue models pending a "legal battle with Blue". I don't think they ever released the Blue designs under the Violet name, but there's a chance you have a demo or showroom model.
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Reading the title and the first lines I was scared that you got screwed and bought a Kiwi thinking it was a Bottle... Happy to see it's not the case
Old 15th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHickey View Post
Does it say Blue?

I know Violet mics started as manufacturers for Blue. When they first came out as a new company I saw and remarked to their representative at NAMM that half of their mics looked just like the distinctive Blue Mics but different colors (I don't remember if I saw a green Bottle, but I definitely saw a bottle). Their guy explained to me that they ended manufacturing ties with Blue and along with their own new mics, they would be selling the Blue models pending a "legal battle with Blue". I don't think they ever released the Blue designs under the Violet name, but there's a chance you have a demo or showroom model.
Hello, yes it says Blue, this mic is from 2000, I think the problem with Violet was years later.

It could be a custom order.

Thank you guys.

delcosmos.
Old 15th December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
Hello, yes it says Blue, this mic is from 2000, I think the problem with Violet was years later.

It could be a custom order.

Thank you guys.

delcosmos.
yes they do custom colours, they cost more, I almost got one made a couple of years ago for a regular client (who was also an architect) who thought the original colour didn't match my decor. lol

matt
Old 15th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
yes they do custom colours, they cost more, I almost got one made a couple of years ago for a regular client (who was also an architect) who thought the original colour didn't match my decor. lol

matt
Well, Custom is good
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Green eh? Leave it in your mic locker for a couple of months and let it ripen.

Boom boom.
Old 16th December 2010
They made them green once upon a time (it may have only been custom or limited though). I've always wanted a pair of red bottles.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Can we see a picture?
Old 16th December 2010

Attached Thumbnails
Blue Big Bottle... Green?-bottle-green-2.jpg   Blue Big Bottle... Green?-bottle-green1.jpg  
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

WOW!

I want it!
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Green was one of the original colors they made them in... almost bought a pair myself. Red came next and you could get either red or green... then came the blue ones... which made the most sense, the companies called Blue after all.
Old 16th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Green was one of the original colors they made them in... almost bought a pair myself. Red came next and you could get either red or green... then came the blue ones... which made the most sense, the companies called Blue after all.
So this could be one of the first batches?

I've never saw a green one and BTW, it sounds f**n amazing.

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

My KIWI is OUTTA HERE!!! LOL. Looks beautiful, you gonna use it? I would put it in glass and use a spray painted baby bottle.......ENJOY!!!!
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I just bought an used Blue Bottle (Big) microphone.

The weird thing is that this one is Green instead of Blue.

I've never seen a green one, I've search around the internet trying to find info about this but haven't found anything.

It comes with the Big Anvil Case, power supply, fancy cable, etc, etc. But it catch my attention that this one is Green!

Do you know anything about this?

Best regards.

I know this is taboo, but what was the ticket price on that beauty?

Delcosmos.

I know this is taboo, but what was the ticket price on that beauty?
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Which cap did you get with it?
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

I had a Bottle in Blue and the B0,6 and 7 caps .... and a KIWI too!

All my Blue stuff was the stuff made in Latvia - except the B0 which I bought later on.

There was a considerable quality difference between the Latvian B6 and 7 and the US made B0 in terms of quality of alloy used and detail in the finish, in fact I went through 3 B0's trying to get one that fitted well onto the Bottle baynet!

Looks like (sep from the PSU) you got a Latvian made Bottle - which is good news IMHO.

ts
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Impressive girth on those bad boys....the "Ron Jeremy" of microphones.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

FLEA - custom made microphones search FLEA FESTER

Not used personally but heard some samples, this is a serious bottle with
choices of 2 tubes, 2 transformers, voltages etc to adjust

Matti
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

That is awfully pretty!
Old 17th December 2010
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

My buddies are both green, heck we thought they were all green?
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

The first one I saw used was green. So feel good yours is unique.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search