The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I just gotta ask...
Old 22nd August 2002
Lives for gear

Track through Neve, API, Trident A Range and Focusrite 110s. In big, woody rooms.

Track to ATR124 on 456. Spank the meters.

Xfer immediately to Paris and OD/Mix from there.

Mix to both 24 bit digital internal bounce (sounds really good on Paris) and 1/2".

Regards,
Brian T
Old 22nd August 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
then i would travel all around the world sampling rooms to use in Altiverb for mixdown [and also release a side CD containing all my room samples]
What about the Sony DRE-777 instead of Altiverb? I'm not clear on the advantages of one over the other. I think the Alti has a longer sample time or something? But isn't the Sony just a higher quality version of the same thing? It seems you know alot about Altivb, so what's the scoop?
Old 22nd August 2002
There is only one

i dont know anything about the sony so i cant compare. but i do know it only has 6 seconds of sampling. it uses old dsp and cant do any more convolution time. the yamama does 10 seconds [with an optional dsp card]... altiverb can do 23 seconds i believe.

i think a lot of the sound is based on the actual sample. i hear sony went to great lengths to get good samples. altiverb has some really great ones but a lot of crap ones too. maybe there is a market for sample CD's [of course it would just get pirated anyways]

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search