The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klein Hummel 410 vs Genelec 8260A Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 3rd November 2010
Gear Head

Klein Hummel 410 vs Genelec 8260A

Hey!

Do you guys think that is a big difference between this two monitors? Klein Hummel o410 vs Genelec 8260A.

I will definitely check them out. Is there anyone here who has checked both of them?
Old 3rd November 2010
Gear Head

bump
Old 3rd November 2010
Lives for gear

I have learned that once you get to this quality level, they are all very good. It really depends on what kind of sound you like and what your looking for. Sort of like, should I get a API, Neve, or GML mic pre. Many engineers can mix very nicely with either one of these monitors. The Genelec 8260A's are their new 3 way design monitor that has a lot of R&D behind. I have heard them and thought they were amazing. I only heard the smaller Klein Hummel monitors which are in a sealed box so I cannot comment on them.
Old 4th November 2010
As a former Tannoy owner who had dual concentric monitors, I prefer a 3 way system where the placement of the 3 speakers are a little separated from each other. I found the slight separation allows me to hear the mid, and high end easier than for them to blend in together from the same source area. For that reason alone, I would choose the 410's. Klein+Hummel O410
Old 4th November 2010
Lives for gear

Or something by ME Geithain... different take on concentric design and it competes well with K+H (or should I say Neumann?) sound. Preferences are of course personal
Old 4th November 2010
Lives for gear

Well, yes, ME Geithain is something really to consider. You would get quite a different sound league ... (we have compared them to KH few times)
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

I finally had a chance to hear the Genelec 8260A's. I can tell you that they are one of the best 3 way monitors I have ever heard. I also was able to do a quick A/B against the Barefoots. Though both are good monitors, My friend Geoff and I both agreed the Gen's sounded better.

Ok a little more detail: Yes they have that family Genelec sound, but they are much better. The detail, the depth, and clarity in the mid's are a step up over the 8000 series. No harshness in the high end either. It is like a veil was removed and you have a more open and revealing character. These monitors are the bomb. The bass is very big and solid while not overbearing. It allowed me to hear clear separation on the kick, bass guitar, and floor tom.

If you looking for a 3 way system, I highly recommend you check these out.
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Yep, I must admit when I heard them I was blown away like never before with any studio monitor
Old 27th April 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
Yep, I must admit when I heard them I was blown away like never before with any studio monitor
It always worries me when people say they were "blown away" about a monitor.

It implies - to me - that they are "impressive" rather than accurate.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 27th April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post

The Gen's are accurate make no mistake about it, and they are very good monitors. They are a step above the 8050's which I liked. If I needed mid field monitors, that would be my second choice. The PMC IB1-A's are and will always be my favorite though.
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:

Don't let speaker companies like ADAM or Yamaha(even though I love ns10m) foolish you with ideas like "bad sounding speaker is an accurate speaker".
Since when good sounding become a sin in monitor field? Look at what ADAM and Yamaha had done to us.
Brain-wash!!!!!

Put it this way, if your music is supposed to sound 110% amazing, an accurate speaker should play back that 110% amazingness as well.
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Accuracy can be impressive.
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

The Gen's just sound like a veil was removed and you can hear things with a depth and detail that are really just amazing.
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

and the DSP in the 8260 is pretty amazing at integrating these in your room
Old 18th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Any new views on this topic?
Old 18th February 2015
Lives for gear

I hear both, no comparison to be honest. Genelec 8260 all the way. So much better low end, imaging and mid detail.

I heard Genelecs 8260 in a superb room, calibrated with Autocal. Low end was flat to 20Hz and it felt amazing. The best sound experience I have ever had.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search