The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
beyerdynamic DT48e/DT48a, DT150,DT250, DT880 pro Studio Headphones
Old 20th October 2010
Gear Nut

beyerdynamic DT48e/DT48a, DT150,DT250, DT880 pro

Which one is the top line of the beyerdynamic studio headphone with flat frequency response and natural sound?
Old 20th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Tested a DT770 Pro operated in balanced mode, along with the QES Labs Hpba-2 balanced amp.
It was ruler flat.
If you don't need the closed can, I think with the 880 will be even better.
Old 20th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resis View Post
...If you don't need the closed can, I think with the 880 will be even better...
+1 thumbsup

Have both here.

The 770s are good tracking cans, but the 880s do sound better.
Old 2nd November 2010
Gear Nut

Looking the spec, DT 880pro has better frequency response. However, DT 48A/E and DT150 is the Eng. Standard.

How dt 880pro compare with DT48A/E and DT150?
Old 4th November 2010
Gear Nut

anyone help?
Old 5th November 2010
Gear Head

I own a DT880 non pro, very confortable. not fully closed as the pro sounds less compressed. side effect is that the headphone produce more noise around you, not a problem in the studio, not perfect for late night home remix heh
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

Just a note to to a previous poster.. the dt150 is not a pro "monitoring" standard, it is a standard phone for the musicians in the live room / vocal booth.
it is also in my opinion, and many who have worked with me, not as good as the 770. The 770 has less bleed on it than the 150 and also sounds a lot more balanced. The 880 is semi open and I have not used them in a mixing context, but have a pair here from Wednesday.
ill post thoughts on them on Friday
Old 9th November 2010
Gear Nut

Looking the review on headwise or other headphone forums, some audiophile said beyerdynamic DT48A/E is the most natural, trasparent and linear headphone even compare with Sennheiser HD800 and Stax Omega II headphone.

Anyone compare the above headphone?
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

for mixing with beyer go 990
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

DT48's were always the standard for field recording in Nagra days...but not often used for music
Old 9th November 2010
Gear Nut

If for mastering purpose,which one is better?
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

HD650
Old 13th November 2010
Gear Nut

How about ultrasone pro 750/2500/900 compare with beyerdynamic DT 48e/150/770/880pro and Sennheiser HD 650/800?
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS View Post
DT48's were always the standard for field recording in Nagra days...but not often used for music
But it's kind of the NS10's of headphones (: I actually like them for music, but have to admit you need a little time to get used to them.
Old 24th November 2010
Here for the gear

I have DT-48e 200ohm and DT-150 250ohm; DT48e is the most focused and real sounding headphone I've ever heard with everyone sounding closer to the mic(s) than other headphones with by far the best midrange I've heard being natural, musical and sweet like your ear is on the source. You can listen for hours and hours. Bass is there but always light and completely absent on certain amps like the LD MK III. If I had to mix with these I would equalize to boost the bass to match my monitors and the more average headphones. You could not do better than the DT-48e as is though for vocals or other mids, anything stringed, percussion, piano, air, brass - just beautiful to listen to. Then when I need a big bass thrill the DT-150 has it like a subwoofer that is really like being in the big bad car; mids are clear but much further away and delineated by a little bit of electric thing like a transistor presence but not in a bad way and soundstage is cavernous and fun again for that; I can listen to these for hours too. I could not master with just one headphone that I've ever heard as each has it's weak area but if forced I would check the bass levels on the DT-150, equalize the DT-48e, and then work with the DT-48e for the rest of the mix. They really are amazing.
Old 24th November 2010
D K
Lives for gear

Picked the DT880 Pros over everything I heard except the HD800

Thought they were far and away superior to everything I heard from AKG, Ultrasone, ATH and Senn..

Personal choice as everyone is different but great sound AND comfortability are important to me if I am going to spend any amount of extended time in cans.. DT880's gave me the whole package
Old 24th November 2010
Here for the gear

+1 thumbsup for the Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro. Very accurate... love it
Old 24th November 2010
Lives for gear
880 Pro

I am using beyerdynamic 880 Pro.
and i think this thing stand out the entire beyerdyanmic line.

If you wondering what tone 880 is like
here is my tips (based by my ears)

Beyerdynamic 880 Pro = Genelec 1031a.
AKG K601 = ADAM S2A
Sennhesiser HD650 = Dynaudio Bm12
Old 24th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
for mixing with beyer go 990
+1.

I have got the 880 and the 990.
Old 24th November 2010
Lives for gear
beyerdynamic DT48e/DT48a, DT150,DT250, DT880 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf

But it's kind of the NS10's of headphones (: I actually like them for music, but have to admit you need a little time to get used to them.
I think the ns10m headphone is
Sony MDR7506
They have very similar frequency curve.
Old 27th May 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by messy View Post
I have DT-48e 200ohm and DT-150 250ohm; DT48e is the most focused and real sounding headphone I've ever heard with everyone sounding closer to the mic(s) than other headphones with by far the best midrange I've heard being natural, musical and sweet like your ear is on the source. You can listen for hours and hours. Bass is there but always light and completely absent on certain amps like the LD MK III. If I had to mix with these I would equalize to boost the bass to match my monitors and the more average headphones. You could not do better than the DT-48e as is though for vocals or other mids, anything stringed, percussion, piano, air, brass - just beautiful to listen to. Then when I need a big bass thrill the DT-150 has it like a subwoofer that is really like being in the big bad car; mids are clear but much further away and delineated by a little bit of electric thing like a transistor presence but not in a bad way and soundstage is cavernous and fun again for that; I can listen to these for hours too. I could not master with just one headphone that I've ever heard as each has it's weak area but if forced I would check the bass levels on the DT-150, equalize the DT-48e, and then work with the DT-48e for the rest of the mix. They really are amazing.
For modern music standards which one is better to mix on DT48 or DT150 in overall ? and are the mids on the DT150 the same flat as the DT48?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search