The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Isn't she lovely ... what if I had found the mixer of my life ? Consoles
Old 7th January 2011
Yes - fixed shelves.
I guess the low shelf is around 60Hz and high shelf probably around 12kHz.
The mid Q is perfect ! Not too narrow, not too broad.

I am so happy with the sound of these consoles.
I am using my outboard to add the colors I want and they act more as high-quality all-rounders.

I need to build a second rack, btw.
Old 21st March 2011
I recorded electric surf guitars the other day SM57 -> Studer mic pre -> Prism Orpheus : wow wow wow !

: punch : detail : class :

I need to build these direct outs now !
Old 8th May 2017
Reviving

Hey everyone,

Time has gone by and I thought it would be interesting to update this thread a little bit.

I've worked for years with the Studers with much satisfaction and sold the Semrau to a fellow engineer. But when my eyes crossed the ones of these Tree Audio tube consoles, I knew a new story was about to start.
So, a few years later, here I am with 2 Tree Audio The Roots consoles and their summing mixer The Stem. Lovely open classy headroomy detailed sound!

The Studer are being prepared for new happy customers.

In the meantime, the friend I had sold the Semrau to has gone digital and he asked me to sell it for him. So, I now find myself making plans on how to incorporate it in my current setup as a complement to the The Roots consoles :-)
It will be a perfect mobile recording console (although a bit heavy) and would do a wonderful job for those in-your-face productions. I'm thinking of extending its channels by racking active stereo faders in the Danner meter bridge. I should end up with a roughly 30 channels german transformers based console that measures 70cm wide, has 2 stereo sums, monitoring section, redundant external PSU and ... orange or yellow plexiglas side panels ;-)

Have fun, everyone!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search