The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Calling all Daking users!
Old 15th August 2002
Gear Nut

Calling all Daking users!

So? What do you think of your Daking mic pre or compressor?

Do you have a sidecar? Do tell!

How many 52270 owners out there NOT have an insert?

Whats your favorite use for your Daking gear?

What is your favorite mic to use for what application?

Just curious....

-j
Old 15th August 2002
Moderator emeritus

I use mine every all the time. Mine have inserts (which I don't use - since pre and compressor show up at the patch bay, I don't worry about inserts). Mine tend to live on kick and snare - the militers as well. And sometimes I also use the limiters on electric guitars when mixing.
Old 16th August 2002
One with big hooves

I have a pair of 52270's that I like a lot. I think the EQ is better then the mic amp but it doesn't suck. I use them mostly on outside kick and snare while tracking. It's a brighter sound then a 1272 and a little bit faster too. I used them on overheads once and I was pretty happy with them and used just a touch of EQ. I can't think of anything I haven't used them on at some point now that I think about it. I don't have the insert on them and I don't miss it.
Old 16th August 2002
Super Moderator

Re: Calling all Daking users!

Quote:
Originally posted by jzb
So? What do you think of your Daking mic pre or compressor?

Do you have a sidecar? Do tell!

How many 52270 owners out there NOT have an insert?

Whats your favorite use for your Daking gear?

What is your favorite mic to use for what application?

Just curious....

-j
-j,

I think my Daking mic pre EQ's sound phat. I don't have a sidecar, but I own four of them. I don't dig the comps as much but the 52270's rock.

My units have the inserts but I never used them.

My favorite use is putting them on thin sounding tracks when I need a little fullness. Man, just patching the Daking's inline with no EQ set makes the track sound bigger. grggt

I wish they had more EQ frequency options, but they still work well for me. Similar to the Trident "A" range stuff.

Kick, snare, O/H's work just fine through them. Vocals work equally as well. grggt
Old 16th August 2002
Gear Maniac

I have 2 52270 and 2 comps. I definitely love the eq. It is one of the first eq's that I used that when you give it boost you actually hear it. Other eq's you have to kick them out to actually hear what you are doing including the GML 8200.(unless I am boosting or cutting at least 4 db). As for the comps I like them on room mics and acoustic guitar. In my opinion Daking stuff rocks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search