The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
WSW mic preamp owners, where are you? Condenser Microphones
Old 27th April 2015
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=roginator;11003994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Bliss View Post

EAB Fader
has to be an EAB?. What about those Neumann W444?
Old 27th April 2015
Gear Maniac

[QUOTE=harrypurser;11004098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Bliss View Post

There's definitely a point, 301s are amazing preamps. It's just that they can appear very very clean under some circumstances. When pushed, their character is revealed. Yeah, I think I just connected them straight into the Orpheus, but I made a stepped attenuator for the output.

Thanks for your reply harrypurser!

So you were able to push more into them? What do they sound like then would you say, in comparison to the Orpheus pres for example .... or anything else you could compare them to?
Old 20th May 2015
Gear Nut

[QUOTE=Atlanta Bliss;11004326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypurser View Post

Thanks for your reply harrypurser!

So you were able to push more into them? What do they sound like then would you say, in comparison to the Orpheus pres for example .... or anything else you could compare them to?
Yes, I could push them as hard as desired and then attenuate the output to avoid clipping the converters.

They don't really sound much like anything else I've used, nothing like the V72 that I directly compared them to. V72 is a somewhat pillowy veil with coloured upper mids (180-250) and a 'vintage'-sounding top end. Great if you want a 'classic' sound, whatever that means. 301 is hi-fi with extra presence and the impression of depth, whatever that means.
Old 8th February 2016
Here for the gear

Wsw lia 811454

Hey there,

how does the LIA 811454 rank, compared to other WSW preamps, like the 811403 for example? Worth an acquisition?
Would they be good as mic preamps?

Any hints much appreciated!
Old 28th February 2016
Tonetweaker, I have a pair racked up and powered, and they're only capable of +12 db nominal gain. As such, no, they're not going to cut it as mic preamps—extremely sad considering the transformers and transistors used. However—and no one will help me with this—the user Roginator said somewhere that something could be done to raise the gain. If you can find out what he's talking about, you'd be doing both of us a favor.
Old 22nd October 2016
Here for the gear

811453 schematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator View Post
WSW is king .. I have cca 400 MB of documetation on wsw if anybody need!!!
Hi

I need schematics and documents for 811453 pres. Could You help me with this?

best regards from Poland

Rafal
Old 9th May 2017
Here for the gear

Hey guys,

I'm lucky enough to own a few gems of this marvelous brand myself: 2x 811453 and 2x 811403.
In this thread some of you refer to a comprehensive doc collection about WSW/Siemens gear and I'm badly in search for docs and schematics because of maintenance and repairs – especially for the 403s.
It would be great if someone would share the docs!

Thank you very much!

Marvin
Old 24th September 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonetweaker View Post
Hey guys,

I'm lucky enough to own a few gems of this marvelous brand myself: 2x 811453 and 2x 811403.
In this thread some of you refer to a comprehensive doc collection about WSW/Siemens gear and I'm badly in search for docs and schematics because of maintenance and repairs – especially for the 403s.
It would be great if someone would share the docs!

Thank you very much!

Marvin
I don´t know if you´re still searching for those schematics, but I´ve found this one in another post :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogina...n/photostream/

I´m also searching for the schematics of the 811453.

Regards.
Old 8th October 2017
Here for the gear

Hey,

thank you! I found these schematics by myself once. I was interested in the whole documentary, as described in the thread.

If you're still in search for the 811453 docs:
Look out for "chapter" "09 - LINKOVÝ (ODDĚLOVACÍ) ZESILOVAČ"

Regards!
Old 25th January 2018
mas
Gear Nut

WSW / SIEMENS "UA" 811403 documents

Hello from Vienna!

Upon tonetweaker´s request some scans of original WSW / Siemens UA 811403 documents became available over at GroupDIY-forum. Detailed internal pics of 811403 too. No login necessary!
WSW Siemens Austria Documents

Seems like these documents weren´t available elsewhere until now (except a schematic that turned up).
Really seems to be rare stuff...

Enjoy your WSW / Siemens Austria-Gear!
Old 26th January 2018
Here for the gear

WSW 811480 pinout

Hi all
if there is the info about pinout of WSW 811480
really helps me to put in rack
thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
WSW mic preamp owners, where are you?-img_20180123_220906.jpg   WSW mic preamp owners, where are you?-img_20180123_220814.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search