The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
H3000 Presets - request Modular Synthesizers
Old 21st August 2010
H3000 Presets - request

Hello everyone,

At the risk of duplicating a previous post (which didn't get an answer) I have an H3000SE with a lot of the algorythms in it: swept reverb; multi-shift; phaser; vibrato; reverse shift; Dense Room; Ultra-tap; long-digiplex; dual digiplex; swept combs; Layered shift; diatonic shift; vocoder; reverb factory; stu-tter and patch factory; band delay; string modeller. Basically I don't have some time stretch algos from the broadcast release and I don't have the mod-factory. I have everything else - algorythms wise.

All good... BUT . . . I don't have all the presets that go along with this gold mine of processing power.

Can someone dump the presets for me into a sys-ex file?

While I have patch 642 Crystal echos; I'm keen to try out patch 163 Crystal Echo 2 and 380 Crystalesque which I don't appear to have - maybe they've been removed!

Any help would be appreciated
Old 26th August 2010
Self bumping thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrakarl View Post
Hello everyone,

At the risk of duplicating a previous post (which didn't get an answer) I have an H3000SE with a lot of the algorythms in it: swept reverb; multi-shift; phaser; vibrato; reverse shift; Dense Room; Ultra-tap; long-digiplex; dual digiplex; swept combs; Layered shift; diatonic shift; vocoder; reverb factory; stu-tter and patch factory; band delay; string modeller. Basically I don't have some time stretch algos from the broadcast release and I don't have the mod-factory. I have everything else - algorythms wise.

All good... BUT . . . I don't have all the presets that go along with this gold mine of processing power.

Can someone dump the presets for me into a sys-ex file?

While I have patch 642 Crystal echos; I'm keen to try out patch 163 Crystal Echo 2 and 380 Crystalesque which I don't appear to have - maybe they've been removed!

Any help would be appreciated
If I were to initialise the unit would any deleted presets be 'factory' re-installed in the unit?
Old 26th August 2010
Gear Addict

Yes, as I recall if you do the reset the unit returns to how it came new.
You may want to wait for one more conformation before you do it just to be safe.
Old 26th August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pettit View Post
Yes, as I recall if you do the reset the unit returns to how it came new.
You may want to wait for one more conformation before you do it just to be safe.
Thanks Jack
Old 27th August 2010
Pictures

Hi again,

I've got two nice close up pics of the ROMS added to my H3000. (Let me know if you want clearer / high resolution ones).
It appears to have:
H3000 SEROM1 VER 2.16 (operating system);
H3000 SEROM2 VER 2.16 (Applications);
H3000 SEROM3 VER2.16 More Applications;
H3000B ROM4 VER 2.13 Studio Presets.
As you can see in the pics, the ROMS are all dated 1989 except Studio Presets which is 1988. There's one socket spare.

Any thoughts?

I could re-seat them - not sure the best way to do this.
I could to a hard-reset of the system.. I can check the manual.

Not sure what else to do.

Cheers,
Julian
Attached Thumbnails
H3000 Presets - request-innards-1.jpg   H3000 Presets - request-innards-2.jpg  
Old 28th August 2010
Okay, as I've mentioned in another thread.. I'm now thinking my H3000 with the SE upgrade, lacks a few things that the H3000 D/SE has ... namely . . .

a) the Mod Factory algorythm - the SE unit doesn't have it , and
b) the range of presets.

I've reseated three of the four ROM blocks (the other one was too hard to leaver up) and also done a factory reset - losing about 37 user-presets. I was fine with that in order to see if any new factory presets presented themselves. They didn't.

My unit has heaps of the algos as mentioned above, but only the 500 - 699 presets. If you look at the well known preset list you'll see the D/SE has a heap of presets, all based on the same algos that the SE model has.. save a few which are designed for the Mod-Factory.

I thought my unit was lacking a heap of presets but now it's dawning on me that I have a fully functioning unit that is simply needing me to build my own presets!! Pitty it doesn't have the Mod Factory - that sounds cool!

Now I've solved the mystery.. it's to work...
Old 30th August 2010
Lives for gear

A factory reset cannot delete factory presets.
Only self made user presets can be deleted when you want.
The factory presets are loaded in the EProms.
Are these the original EProms in that unit ? Did you add Eproms yourself ?
Could you get me a photograph of the " jumpers" which are on the main pc board just beneath the power transformer ?
(It looks like a pc-track matrix and are marked J1... etc.)
Or mail the settings how these are now ? Which open and which closed.
The dates on the EProms are not really relevant.
Did you take the EProms out and did you check for bent pins ?
And check the SEROM3 - MORE APPLICATIONS for being properly seated in the socket as this one looks a bit "suspicious" on your photograph.
Also check the IC just above the OPSYS EProm as this looks not properly seated into the socket as well at the left hand side.

Just looked into some old documentation I have:
The original H3000SE came with the alg's 100-112 and factory presets 500-699.
What really is odd then is that the B-Rom is fitted and these presets do not show up.
There must be something wrong with the jumper setting(s).
You can upgrade to the H3000D/SEand have hundreds of presets.
Old 30th August 2010
Hi SP2016,

Thank you for responding. I have these factory presets: 100 - 112; 114 - 119; and 200 - 257; 500 - 699.
These remained when I did the factory re-set.

I purchased the unit recently with these ePROMS in it.
I'll try and find the 'jumpers' (only one is really apparent to me).. hopefully the photo to be attached will have them in there.
Wow, I think I've just found them in incredibly small writing!!! I'll attach in the photos I think are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2016 View Post
Did you take the EProms out and did you check for bent pins ?
And check the SEROM3 - MORE APPLICATIONS for being properly seated in the socket as this one looks a bit "suspicious" on your photograph.
Also check the IC just above the OPSYS EProm as this looks not properly seated into the socket as well at the left hand side.

There must be something wrong with the jumper setting(s).
You can upgrade to the H3000D/SEand have hundreds of presets.
Yes, I re-seated the SEROM3 and also the other un-labelled one to the left
and the OpSYS one too. The only one I didn't was the SEROM2 as it was stuck in there pretty good!

Any thoughts? I'd love to discover I have a heap of presets and even a mod factory in there. If this "SE" model doesn't have the ModFactory what's the cost of the upgrade.. not the $600 one I hope.. lol.

Thank you for your willingness to help.
Attached Thumbnails
H3000 Presets - request-jumpers5.jpg   H3000 Presets - request-jumpers6.jpg  
Old 30th August 2010
Jumpers

Hi again,

I've found your post from here....

Quote:
Are the jumpers marked X1 through X8 found between the software Eproms like this: (0----0 means JUMPED, 0 0 means CUT)

X2 X1
0 0--0

X4 X3
0--0 0

X6 X5
0--0 0

X7 X8
0--0 0

Is the OPSYS 2.17 Eprom in socket U53 ? It MUST be and probably will be.
U54 is the DRAM
U55 is the DS1225Y non volatile SRAM (memory back up)

U250,U251,U252 and U253 may contain any other Eprom. It does not matter which goes where.

Just to make sure:
Check the notches on the Eproms.
These should all point to the LEFT, so pointing to the left hand side of the H3500, away from the power transformer.
Check the Eproms are seated properly in the sockets and look for bent or uninserted pins, if you did not double check that already.
And while mine isn't a 3500, it's a H3000, I'm wondering if my jumpers should reflect those above? If so.. I think I see the problem - X6 - X5.
Is that right?
Old 30th August 2010
Lives for gear

As already said: You have a H3000SE and not the H3000D/SE.
Everything that you have now is just what the H3000SE has got.
MODFACTORY at first was an option for the D/SE type and was a standard later in the H3000D/SE version.
I will look and see if I have MODFACTORY and/or H3000D/SE software.

Difference between H3000 versions and H3500 is software only.
The hardware is the same for all H3000 models.
The only extra (optional) hardware consisted of several models of sampler boards.
Old 30th August 2010
Quote:
As already said: You have a H3000SE and not the H3000D/SE.
Everything that you have now is just what the H3000SE has got.
MODFACTORY at first was an option for the D/SE type and was a standard later in the H3000D/SE version.
I will look and see if I have MODFACTORY and/or H3000D/SE software.

Difference between H3000 versions and H3500 is software only.
The hardware is the same for all H3000 models.
The only extra (optional) hardware consisted of several models of sampler boards.
Do the jumpers on my unit look right to you?
Old 30th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrakarl View Post
Do the jumpers on my unit look right to you?
Your unit wouldn't work at all if they were wrong. A wrong jumper or a bad connection on an Eprom wont selectively erase or block access to certain programs. You just don't have those patches. If you want them you need to upgrade.

Various bootleggers out there have copied the D/SE eproms, you see them on ebay from time to time.
Old 30th August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
Your unit wouldn't work at all if they were wrong. A wrong jumper or a bad connection on an Eprom wont selectively erase or block access to certain programs. You just don't have those patches. If you want them you need to upgrade.

Various bootleggers out there have copied the D/SE eproms, you see them on ebay from time to time.
Ahhh , thank you. Thank you SP2016 and Space Station, for your help thus far.

Based on the jumper settings in the other thread, I thought with a solder change , suddenly I'd find a bunch of extra stuff coming out of my 'more applications' eprom! I'm still not sure if the jumpers on my unit are right based on this post and thread where the solution for missing presets was checking eProms and jumper settings... You guys both know more than me about this unit that's for sure. hahahahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofi View Post
... also it might help me because I'm interested in working out which EEPROM mine is missing (I have all algorithms, but missing 8 ranges of fx presets (about 150 of the total of about 700 or so) one of my EEPROM sockets is empty, ...
It seems even with the good documentation around what is supposed to be in each model, with the upgrades available, it's hard to determine exactly what should be on and individual working unit.

Okay. I seem to have so much of what the D/SE offers, in a physical sense am I missing one eProm? Or is it different software (eProm) versions that I'm after?

Really all I need for a fully loaded unit is: a) mod factory algorythms and b) expanded presets.

mmmm....

Could you guys tell from the photos I took whether my jumper settings look correct, please?
Old 31st August 2010
Lives for gear

Jumper settings are correct for a H300SE.
The H3000D/SE Eproms would need a change in jumper setting.
I am still surprised that the B (broadcast) presets do not show up in your unit. (presets 300-415)
At the moment I am not able to check my technical H3000 info files, but I will be back later.
You are not missing EProms. You have the H3000SE software Eproms.
MODFACTORY (algorithms 122 & 123) was an option for the H3000S and H3000SE.
In the H3000D/SX and H3000D/SE it was a standard preset.
I may have the original option package (Eprom and booklet) for you.
Old 31st August 2010
Quote:
Jumper settings are correct for a H300SE.
The H3000D/SE Eproms would need a change in jumper setting.
I am still surprised that the B (broadcast) presets do not show up in your unit. (presets 300-415)
At the moment I am not able to check my technical H3000 info files, but I will be back later.
You are not missing EProms. You have the H3000SE software Eproms.
MODFACTORY (algorithms 122 & 123) was an option for the H3000S and H3000SE.
In the H3000D/SX and H3000D/SE it was a standard preset.
I may have the original option package (Eprom and booklet) for you.
Thank you for all your great knowledge and willingness to share it here with me. Wow if you had the option package I'd love to do a deal for it. That would be a lucky day for me.

Yeah, I'm wondering if someone added the Broadcast e-prom later . . .

I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards
Old 13th June 2012
Here for the gear

Hi All,

Before I start elaborating, I'll clearly state my questions:
Why have I only got certain presets?
Has my H3000 been previously upgraded?
If it hasn't been upgraded, can I use the standard D/SE upgrade eproms that I see on eBay? (search "eventide upgrade" - i don't want to break forum rules by posting a link)

As the users that have posted here seem to be well versed in the subject, I thought I'd hijack this old thread looking for some advice rather than clog up gearslutz with a new one. If no replies within a day I'll start a new thread.

I've just purchased a H3000 S & was intending to upgrade the eproms to v 2.17 D/SE. To my surprise, when I turned on the machine, I was greeted by a screen saying that the OS was v 2.17, which I was under the impression was the last revision & could indicate that it was already upgraded fully. My excitement quickly died however as soon as I took a look through the presets & realised I'm missing a huge amount that should be there if it truly was v2.17 D/SE.

The only presets I have are:
100-110
200-257
700-747

Going on advice i found in Gearslutz threads, I successfully reset the machine but this made no difference to the presets available.

Next, I took off the top to check out what eprom chips are already in there, but being my first experience I'm not 100% which chips I'm looking at (S, SE, D/SE etc). So, I've taken a photo below.

I can see when comparing this shot that I have two chips less than than user 'jrakari'...which I'm pretty sure has something to do with it. Are these meant to be missing? If I buy the upgrade chips am I still going to be missing a chip that's not included with them?

So, referring back to my original questions - I'm hoping from the information I've given that someone can help me with those.

BIG BIG THANKS!
Old 19th October 2012
You've definately got the 'S' version there.

The eBay deals for upgrading (I just got the 3500 version) are very good and have a heap more eproms to fill up those empty slots with!!
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

I'm confused while upgrading my SE machine to the highest edition available (the H3500 kit) H3000 Presets - requestEventide H3000 OS Hightide: the EVERYTHING upgrade (any H3K to H35K) | eBay. The seller is unresponsive so it looks like Gearslutz is my tech support for now.

The jpeg file sent me to says I should have connections at X1, X4, X6 and X...(cuts out so I don't know if it's X7 or X8, but I'm guessing it's X7). The problem I see here is that my board seems to be marked like so:

X2 X1
X4 X3
X5 X6
X7 X8

...while the jpeg says to jump X6, when X5 is circled in red. At least, that's what I think, since you can't read anything on the jpeg. Looks like someone got something backwards somewhere.

Currently only X7 is jumped together on my board, and X1, X4, and X6 have traces between the points. Take in mind I'm talking with the order as I posted above.

PS: I was expecting to see solder on the board at all of these points, but only those bottom three ones have any solder on them (where X7 and X8 are). X7 is tied together normally, and gives me a bit of a reading (.1 ohms). However just to check, I tried testing X8 (the middle point and right point) and I get a reading of 71 ohms or so. Not sure if that's normal. I'm also getting the same thing when I test between X1 and X2.
Attached Thumbnails
H3000 Presets - request-hightide_p1_highlite.jpg   H3000 Presets - request-hightide_p2_highlite.jpg  

Last edited by HSLand; 20th June 2017 at 03:13 AM..
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSLand View Post
I'm confused while upgrading my SE machine to the highest edition available (the H3500 kit) H3000 Presets - requestEventide H3000 OS Hightide: the EVERYTHING upgrade (any H3K to H35K) | eBay. The seller is unresponsive so it looks like Gearslutz is my tech support for now.

The jpeg file sent me to says I should have connections at X1, X4, X6 and X...(cuts out so I don't know if it's X7 or X8, but I'm guessing it's X7). The problem I see here is that my board seems to be marked like so:

X2 X1
X4 X3
X5 X6
X7 X8

...while the jpeg says to jump X6, when X5 is circled in red. At least, that's what I think, since you can't read anything on the jpeg. Looks like someone got something backwards somewhere.

Currently only X7 is jumped together on my board, and X1, X4, and X6 have traces between the points. Take in mind I'm talking with the order as I posted above.

PS: I was expecting to see solder on the board at all of these points, but only those bottom three ones have any solder on them (where X7 and X8 are). X7 is tied together normally, and gives me a bit of a reading (.1 ohms). However just to check, I tried testing X8 (the middle point and right point) and I get a reading of 71 ohms or so. Not sure if that's normal. I'm also getting the same thing when I test between X1 and X2.
Here's an old post regarding this subject with instructions from Eventide.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/9932475-post531.html
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

I ignored what my board was marked and soldered the pads together, and cut between that one area, and it seems like it's working fine now. Only thing is that when I hold function when resetting, then release it, it skips the erase presets thing. Like letting go of the function key is triggering it again.
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Try this:
Attached Thumbnails
H3000 Presets - request-h3000-reset.jpg  
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

The way I eventually got around it was while holding shift, I depressed the button for Yes, then let go of function, then let go of the Yes button, then I could press Yes or No accordingly. Not sure why mine is doing that but all is well now.

I'm surprised the mod worked on the first try. All patches are showing up and sound beautiful. Thanks for the assistance

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search