The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please post a good plugin user interface screenshot
Old 5th December 2005
Lives for gear

Please post a good plugin user interface screenshot

Hi all!

I'm in the process of start creating VST plug-ins and would like to know what kind of user interface you like working with... Personally I hate when there is a horizontal slider and no numeric representation of the setting. I also hate all these plugin's with knobs so small that you turn it completely around just by pressing the mouse button on it...! That really makes fine tuning a pain in the ass.
I feel that it needs to have at least a clip indicator, stereo input and output sliders and peak meters, but not grey boring Waves type of standard sliders and buttons, but a more modern user interface. I think I will try to make it as modern looking as possible, maybe in silver grey and with a large colored screen. I might add some neon blue lights on the buttons as well, showing that the button is enabled... Anything I should avoid when I create the UI?!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search