The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
CTS Studios
Old 13th July 2010
Lives for gear

CTS Studios

CTS studios in England Have closed down, after a million years of great work , mostly in motion picture,
Funky junk are selling off a lot of there mics , so i bought a U87 p48 from the 70 s and a pir of KM84 s.
I have recently felt that i dint really have a goo mic collection, so im now focusing on improving this.
I bought another C12vr, as i like last weeks one so much, i have a great 414 buls so will add another, and a lovely D12, then some bynamics , anda lso some MXL, i have always liked MXL mics, i belive i get a lot of nice mic for very little money.
steve
Old 13th July 2010
Lives for gear

That's really regrettable. From what I could tell that was an amazing room and a great studio. I know it mainly from some really exceptional orchestral recordings done at CTS.

Oh well .. Gotta move with the times. Congratulations on your gear purchases.
Old 13th July 2010
Lives for gear

So true

I feel sad, every time any studio has to close, but in these times it harder to maintain pricing that will feed the owner, maintain the gear, pay the rent , power and insurance.
these are hard times for studios at all price points.
steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search