The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DAW volume controller
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

DAW volume controller

I would like to find a way to be able to control the volume of my monitors.
Right now i'm coming out of my PT HD into a Mackie VLZ 1202 :-( I looked at the coleman audio but it does not have exactly what i need and the Martinsound or Audient are way too expensive and overcrowded with features i don't want. I need to come out of my PT interface, into some sort of meter then into a volume controller. I would like this unit to be surround ready. Any suggestions ??
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

appears to be a pair if monitor controllers from HEAR..but no victims yet...BTW their headphone monitor system peers to be cool
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

Do you have a link for this product...did a google search but nothing came up. Thanks
Old 17th June 2003
A little birdy told me that a rather highly respected company will be coming out with a monitor box at AES that should do most everything you need quite well...
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

I'm using a nifty Focusrite box right now, but I'm on the long term prowl..

Purple has a stereo-only box in-progress:
http://www.purpleaudio.com/Product/master.html

I might end up with a custom Crookwood mastering console.

and I can only guess that the eee-vil Mr. Blackwood is taunting us with more Crane Song insider bird-chirping. ... Might be worth waiting for.

-dave
Old 17th June 2003
Old 17th June 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by MIKEHARRIS
WWW.HEARTECHNOLOGIES.COM
Am I missing something or does this box lack a volume control for the monitors themselves?

-R
Old 18th June 2003
Lives for gear

Any idea on how much the Purple box will go for? I really like the MC76 btw, very nice.
Old 18th June 2003
Gear addict

why not go for a midrange audiophile preamp... many of them have balanced ins and outs. I know bryston (whom many regard as wonderful pro audio amps) makes a balanced in and out preamp/ input selector.

I've used NAD and Rotel, as well as Musical Fidelity and they all perform well, and don't have to cost an arm and a leg, especally the Nad and Rotel

Marshall
Old 18th June 2003
Gear interested

Have you considered the Benchmark DAC-1? It doesn't have meters but it would be a great way to monitor using digital outs.

--Marc
Old 18th June 2003
Lives for gear

I use the Bryston BP25 in my demoplayback system..the BP20 has no motorized level control...and with XLR's in and out...a very good monitor contoll system....now bout those headphones.......
Old 18th June 2003
Gear nut

NHT makes a wonderful 2 channel Passive Volume Control, XLR's and/or 1/4" ins and outs. I know it's not surround ready, but it's still worth a mention..
jeffa

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search