The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What mic is this? Condenser Microphones
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

What mic is this?

Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear
Ask Fletcher heh
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

this photo is in grave need of being cropped...

its a CMV3 with a gooseneck
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

Telefunken AH-1?
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

Its a blue bottle mic I guess Adolf shops at guitar center or sweetwater.com? hehhehhehheh

Its the "The Hilter Mic" Neumann CMV3

Click here. The "Hitler Mic" Fletcher must have posted this!

I bet if that actual 1936 circa mic showed up on Ebay. It would command millions of dollars. Probably would be the most expensive mic in the world like Jimmy Hendrix's White Fender Stratocaster played at Wood Stock. I wonder who has this mic still or if its still around. Would love to track some rappers on it.
Attached Thumbnails
What mic is this?-cmv3.jpg   What mic is this?-prewarneu.jpg   What mic is this?-adolf-2.jpg   What mic is this?-adolf3.jpg   What mic is this?-adolf4.jpg  

What mic is this?-adolf5.jpg   What mic is this?-adolf6.jpg  
Old 13th June 2010
Talk about polishing a turd.
Old 13th June 2010
Gear Head

I didn't know Henry Rollins was a ****.
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

Gosh, He was an asshole.
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

The microphone in the first picture is probably a Telefunken ELA 301/2 introduced in 1932 with an "egghead" Ela MZ027/1 capsule on it. It uses a RE084 DHT type tube.

From my research, it seems that the microphones used by Hitler and his crew were more likely to be Telefunken than Neumann as the regime had a strong relationship with Telefunken, who also built all of their broadcast equipment.

But that research isn't too extensive, so I'm happy to be proven wrong!
Old 13th June 2010
Lives for gear

For anyone who wants a good read (and understands German), here's a very cool pdf about telefunken microphones.

http://www.cdvandt.org/Telefunken%20Mikrofone.pdf
Old 23rd February 2011
Here for the gear

If someone is interested in purchasing such a mic, please contact me at: [email protected]. Lots of pictures.
Old 23rd February 2011
this thread gives me the creeps!!!!
Old 16th October 2015
There are some of these at ICP in Belgium, complete with Third Reich engraving.

And Telefunken badged if I remember right - not Neumann.
Old 16th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
There are some of these at ICP in Belgium, complete with Third Reich engraving.

And Telefunken badged if I remember right - not Neumann.
Hey PsychoMonkey hope all is well with you.

I'm interested in buying this microphone but I cant find info of current prices, by any chance do you know what the price is for this mic?

I dont mind if it has the Third Reich engraving, I just want the mic.
Old 16th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis Martine View Post
Hey PsychoMonkey hope all is well with you.

I'm interested in buying this microphone but I cant find info of current prices, by any chance do you know what the price is for this mic?

I dont mind if it has the Third Reich engraving, I just want the mic.
No idea I'm afraid.

A genuine mic from this era might be close to priceless...unverifiable status but vintage, working and sounding good, I guess you're looking the same as a vintage u47 or 251? I don't know. Probably a good us$15k
Old 16th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
No idea I'm afraid.

A genuine mic from this era might be close to priceless...unverifiable status but vintage, working and sounding good, I guess you're looking the same as a vintage u47 or 251? I don't know. Probably a good us$15k
Wow, I didnt expect that price for this mic.

I thought maybe it would be in the $5k-$7k to be honest considering the history of the mic is not on par with the classics.

Thanks for the info though!
Old 16th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis Martine View Post
Wow, I didnt expect that price for this mic.

I thought maybe it would be in the $5k-$7k to be honest considering the history of the mic is not on par with the classics.

Thanks for the info though!
I'm totally guessing. A genuine badged mic would be a historical artifact. But the rarity would push the price up - they're collectors items after all.

You can get 47s in the bottle style too.
Old 16th October 2015
A couple of pics of the mics at ICP...
Attached Thumbnails
What mic is this?-image_3145_0.jpg   What mic is this?-image_3800_1.jpg  

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 16th October 2015 at 09:58 PM..
Old 16th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
A couple of pics of the mice at ICP...

WOW!!!

BEAUTIFUL MICS!!!
Old 16th October 2015
Gear Head
Quote:
Enlighten me, please: What is ICP and how did these mics end up in your/their possesion?

Very interesting topic indeed!
Old 17th October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
That thing is 99,999% a fake.
Neumann CMV3/Telefunken Ela M301/ Klangfilm Kl 58108 (only a few of the many names - they also tend to differ quite drastically "under the hood") aren't that expensive as you people seem to think. They regularly go for ~1000EUR on Ebay Germany ... non tested of course, so you need some extra money for a new PSU, maybe a new capsule etc. .. or you can buy a working one all inclusive at Madooma.com - last I checked he was asking about 5000EUR, which is completely ridiculous in my opinion - but it's "ready to go".

Last edited by morphtec; 17th October 2015 at 04:03 AM..
Old 17th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstorm View Post
Enlighten me, please: What is ICP and how did these mics end up in your/their possesion?

Very interesting topic indeed!
ICP is a studio in Brussels. I have no idea of their history.
Old 17th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphtec View Post
That thing is 99,999% a fake.
Neumann CMV3/Telefunken Ela M301/ Klangfilm Kl 58108 (only a few of the many names - they also tend to differ quite drastically "under the hood") aren't that expensive as you people seem to think. They regularly go for ~1000EUR on Ebay Germany ... non tested of course, so you need some extra money for a new PSU, maybe a new capsule etc. .. or you can buy a working one all inclusive at Madooma.com - last I checked he was asking about 5000EUR, which is completely ridiculous in my opinion - but it's "ready to go".
I can assure you the owners believe the one I posted is genuine. Why do you think fake?
Old 21st October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
I can assure you the owners believe the one I posted is genuine. Why do you think fake?
For one: it isn't even a CMV3. That perforated rim under the "head" is something that started way after the war ended in eastern germany (look up the RFT CM7151 for example). The dimensions just generally seem to be off too.
I also researched those mics via the original photos from the **** era and I don't recall ever seeing any sign of a "Reichsadler" decal on any of the equipment - not even a black CMV3 for that matter (There are of course black painted CMV3s now - but never on any of the **** speeches photos - black also wasn't an option in which you could purchase the mics in) ... it was all just stock Telefunken branded CMV3s - nothing fancy.
There was and is a huge market for **** "memorabilia", so there is a lot of forgery going on - everything from cutlery to military equipment.
In my eyes, there is so much wrong with this mic, that it kinda reverses the burden of proof I think ... if they claim it to be real: I would really like to see some proof of that.
Old 21st October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
For one: it isn't even a CMV3. That perforated rim under the "head" is something that started way after the war ended in eastern germany (look up the RFT CM7151 for example). The dimensions just generally seem to be off too.
I also researched those mics via the original photos from the **** era and I don't recall ever seeing any sign of a "Reichsadler" decal on any of the equipment - not even a black CMV3 for that matter (There are of course black painted CMV3s now - but never on any of the **** speeches photos - black also wasn't an option in which you could purchase the mics in) ... it was all just stock Telefunken branded CMV3s - nothing fancy.
There was and is a huge market for **** "memorabilia", so there is a lot of forgery going on - everything from cutlery to military equipment.
In my eyes, there is so much wrong with this mic, that it kinda reverses the burden of proof I think ... if they claim it to be real: I would really like to see some proof of that.
I am assuming that **** = "N a z i" but for some reason it gets blatted - strange as the word is being used legitamately.

But - back to the pictures - I have only ever seen Adolf using a standard grey CMV3 in all the pictures I have seen.
Old 21st October 2015
Weird thread, "check out my n a z I s h I t", a bit like that freak in American Beauty. Makes me a uncomfortable. I would have thought someone sensible would have pulled the symbol off the mic a long time ago. Ho hum, takes all sorts I guess.
Old 22nd October 2015
Quote:
Well, I have no vested interest here - I just worked at the studio. I don't know if it's legit or not, and you obviously seem to know a lot more about the manufacture at this time.

I don't think there's any claim these mics were used by Hitler or anything - merely that they were produced during the Third Reich and so badged as such. But I'm not the right person to talk about it with really.
Old 22nd October 2015
So you'd feel comfortable sticking that mic up in front of an artist with Jewish heritage? I bet not.
If it were my mic I'd Pull the badge off and chuck it in the bin.
Old 22nd October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowsouls View Post
So you'd feel comfortable sticking that mic up in front of an artist with Jewish heritage? I bet not.
Is it a general question or are you asking me personally? As I've already said, it's not my mic either.
Old 23rd October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowsouls View Post
If Lemmy was cutting vocals would you feel uncomfortable?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search