The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM in NAshville
Old 10th June 2003
High End Moderator

NAMM in NAshville/BBQ at WireWorld

Hello y'all

are any of you guys coming to summer NAMM, July 18 - 20 in Nashville this year?

Let me know and we could have a Gearslutz BBQ at WireWorld.

---------------------------------------------

Here is the list of confirmed party animals. I'll keep updating this first post.

blackcatdigi
mtsupiano (Andrew)
Bob Olhsson +1
Dave Martin +2
John Jennings (Royer mics) +1
David Bryce (ADAMS)
Jack Smith
Eric Conn (Independent Mastering) +1
Steve Cruz
JHo +1
Dan Richards
BrianT +1
John Billings (JonnyB2U) +1
atticus (David Seymour) +2
alanhyatt
flexoffset (Richard Brackin) +1
Tracy Martinson (SONY SACD Div) +1
Fletcher
Alphajerk +1 (+.5?)
Drew +1
John Kelton +1
gseibert +1
Wolf Hoffmann +1
loudist +1
David M. Blauvelt +1.5
and some local non-gearslutz
Old 10th June 2003
There is only one

unfortunately not this year. not enough time this summer, too many vacations to take between working.
Old 10th June 2003
Lives for gear

NAMM suks...most manufactures dont go to summer NAMM...but Nashville and Mike's studio would be a reason to go
Old 10th June 2003
Gear Nut

yup

That would be great. I might be a newbie, but I would love to meet some of you guys...plus it would be a great way to spend my 21st b-day (on the 20th).

Let me know when and where
Old 10th June 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Let me know and we could have a Gearslutz BBQ at WireWorld.
Dam! I've got a show in Philly that weekend. A BBQ at WireWorld would be awesome.
Old 10th June 2003
Lives for gear

I'll be there all week.
Old 11th June 2003
Motown legend

I'll be there!
Old 11th June 2003
Dot
Lives for gear

I'll be there.
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

Michael,

I'd love to see your place sometime. NAMM BBQ or otherwise. Count me in.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 11th June 2003
jho
Lives for gear

I'd drive up from ATL for the GS party...bring it on
Old 11th June 2003
High End Moderator

COOL. Looks like I have to get a bigger BBQ. How about Saturday (July 19th), maybe start around Noon and hang until we run out of conversation material (yeah right, as if that ever happens with engineers) email me and I send directions ([email protected]). Give me some hints in terms of food and drinks.
Old 11th June 2003
Gear Maniac

Old 11th June 2003
Gear Head

Hi Michael,

I plan on being there that weekend. Count me in for the BBQ.
Old 11th June 2003
Moderator emeritus

Are we cooking or catering? If catering, I recommend country ribs from JBQ's; if we're cooking, I'll volunteer some chicken prepared with Harold's world famous barbecue sauce...
Old 11th June 2003
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin
Are we cooking or catering? If catering, I recommend country ribs from JBQ's; if we're cooking, I'll volunteer some chicken prepared with Harold's world famous barbecue sauce...
Maybe we do a little of both, looks like the grill is getting too small for a "cooking only" BBQ. I appreciate the offer to help, thanx. I'll call you about the catering. Getting hungry already...

Any suggestions on drinks? WireWorld is pretty far outside of Nashville (about 30 miles) so I'm sure we don't want to get into hard liqueur. Also, we might want to arrange for people to carpool.
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

Hi Michael,

Cool Idea. We'll most likely be there, so the BBQ is a must do! Count me in.

RE: the carpool, it looks like a lot of 'slutz' are going to come out, so it may be worth checking into getting a van or bus to transport everyone from the show site out to the BBQ and back... I'm sure everyone would be willing to throw in a few bucks to ride out to your place and back, not have to worry with driving and directions, and get to socialize, to boot...

Whadaya think?
Old 11th June 2003
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by blackcatdigi
Hi Michael,

Cool Idea. We'll most likely be there, so the BBQ is a must do! Count me in.

RE: the carpool, it looks like a lot of 'slutz' are going to come out, so it may be worth checking into getting a van or bus to transport everyone from the show site out to the BBQ and back... I'm sure everyone would be willing to throw in a few bucks to ride out to your place and back, not have to worry with driving and directions, and get to socialize, to boot...

Whadaya think?
Sounds like a great idea, maybe one of the Nashville "slutz" has a van. It also would help with a potential parking problem.
Old 11th June 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

Any suggestions on drinks? WireWorld is pretty far outside of Nashville (about 30 miles) so I'm sure we don't want to get into hard liqueur. Also, we might want to arrange for people to carpool.
Hey, maybe Lynn still has some of the beer he bought for his picnic a few years ago...

but I'd suggest iced tea (unsweet, but with sugar for the wimps), beer, and soft drinks. I may have to bring a thermos of coffee for me...
Old 11th June 2003
jho
Lives for gear

Coffee is good...! and anything else without carbs it's bikini time again

I could drive up sat. am , hit the slut-a-thon then split after the hoopla for the show...does that sound reasonable or is Friday too good to miss heh
Old 12th June 2003
Lives for gear

Oceanway Nashville and Pro Sound News is doing a microphone listening test, shootout, or what ever you want to call it.

It should be cool. It is done in one of their large rooms and totally controlled by their engineers. The participants get to speak and demo their mics... Six brands will be there participating.

So for all you mics addicts...should be cool...It is being done the day before the show starts. Check the following link.

Click Here
Old 12th June 2003
Lives for gear

damn, this'll be the first year in many that i won't be going...too busy.

have a meat & 3 for me.

now i'm getting homesick....

grudge
Old 13th June 2003
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jho
Coffee is good...! and anything else without carbs it's bikini time again

I could drive up sat. am , hit the slut-a-thon then split after the hoopla for the show...does that sound reasonable or is Friday too good to miss heh
I think the show closes around 6PM, the studio is about 40 min out of town, so it's kin of cuttong it close, unless you only wanna hang for 5 minutes. maybe drive up Friday, hit the show Sat morning then come out to relax.
Old 15th June 2003
High End Moderator

OK, catering is arranged from Famous Dave's BBQ (ribs, BBQ chicken, chopped pork, beans, coleslaw, potato salad etc.). It looks like there will be around 30 people, so far. I'll provide sodas, beer and coffee, other drinks please BYO. Of course we'll have plenty of music.

we'll start around noon, please email me for directions

Looking forward to meeting y'all
Old 1st July 2003
Lives for gear

I'm in for BBQ. This is going to be a pretty awesome week. Bob Ohlsson's for a mastering session on Wednesday, OceanWay on Thursday, Namm on Friday, Michael's on Saturday. Whew, studios, musicians, engineers and gear galore! My head is spinning already.

Steve Cruz
Cruzified Music
Florida
Old 1st July 2003
High End Moderator

It would be great if I could get everybody to RSVP either here or via email ([email protected]) so I know how much food to order. I guess we'll have around 30 people, but I don't want to run out of ribs
Old 1st July 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
It would be great if I could everybody to RSVP either here or via email ([email protected]) so I know how much food to order.
I'm down. And if Carolyn's not working, she'll be there, too.
Old 1st July 2003
jho
Lives for gear

I'll be there! (me + 1)
Old 1st July 2003
High End Moderator

The first post in this threat now has a constantly updated list of party animals for the BBQ.
Let me know if I should keep your real name off the list.
Old 1st July 2003
Lives for gear

We would love to be there, but between entertaining clients and no car... it may be hard...but we will try
Old 1st July 2003
Lives for gear

Count me in!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search