The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear you sold, and then bought AGAIN! Condenser Microphones
Old 25th September 2010
Gear Guru

This is terrible. I hardly ever get rid of gear. But the absolute lame answer, that I can think of , is an Adat. I got rid of three. A couple of years ago I had to buy one, just because i had so many tapes, I needed to transfer.
Old 25th September 2010
Gear Addict
Sold Valley Arts el. guitar M-seris(1989). Bought again the same one for 200$ less. I had a big luck. I'll never sell it again:-)
Old 25th September 2010
Maybe we should have a thread called "Gear you love so much that you keep selling it, just for the excitement of buying it again". I mean, does owning a piece of great gear ever quite match the excitement of anticipation that you get while waiting for it to arrive? Obviously it's really cool to have nice gear, but I think in some ways that the anticipation is the best of all.

Back a few years ago, I sold off my home theater to put together my little studio. So it was months of people buying my theater stuff, which I'd then turn around and buy studio stuff with. That was a killer few months of almost every few days something new arriving. One day, literally, the UPS, FedEx, and DHL guys all showed up at my apartment at the same time and were lined up at the door. I mean, isn't that kind of the ultimate expression of love?
Old 25th September 2010
Gear Maniac

AT4033
Old 25th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
Maybe we should have a thread called "Gear you love so much that you keep selling it, just for the excitement of buying it again". I mean, does owning a piece of great gear every quite match the excitement of anticipation that you get while waiting for it to arrive? Obviously it's really cool to have nice gear, but I think in some ways that the anticipation is the best of all.
thumbsup Brilliant! You just summed up Gearsluttery to a 'T'!
Old 25th September 2010
Lives for gear

In my case this thread should be called "Vintage gear you sold for peanuts simply because you're an idiot and that you will never be rich enough to buy again".
Old 25th September 2010
Lives for gear
Korg DW8000
Old 25th September 2010
Gear Maniac

SM7B
Old 1st October 2010
Gear Head

Akai MPC3000 - Will replace
Alesis Fusion - Girlfriend likes the filter on this one.
Roland SP808 - Replaced
Yamaha RM1X - Soon replaced.
Waldorf Micro Q - The yellow one :(
Casio VZ10M - Argh !

This is kinda depressing
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

TLM 49
TLM 103
AKG 414 B ULS, B XLS
U87ai
Sennheiser MKH 416
Sennheiser MKH 415 T
John Hardy M-1

I think that's it......
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear
Had a studio long ago. Sold everything. Now buying stuff again. Here are the things I re-purchased.

Mic's
Coles 4038
Old SM57/UnidyneIII
Shure B52
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear
I bought a Les Paul Custom Black Beauty a few years back to replace one I sold.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

My list above shows that I am all about second chances.....
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear
Grey faced SSL 384.

4 times now.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear
500 series Kush Audio Electa and Rnd 551
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Guru

Mine's a story-in-progress. Had someone offer me silly money for my EV RE16 after I used it for his vocal on a webcast. Almost sold it to him. Then yesterday I saw an old Johnny Cash Christmas special, RE16's all around, sounded amazing. So I've changed my mind, sorta. Post-Christmas I'll feel like I could use the cash, but post-Christmas the potential buyer may not have any. So I'm probably keeping it, which saves me the trouble of having to buy another one.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by microwave View Post
In my case this thread should be called "Vintage gear you sold for peanuts simply because you're an idiot and that you will never be rich enough to buy again".
so true...
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

I sold my early M49 to a friend, so that I could buy a sequential pair of M49Bs, and always missed the sound of that early era one. Eventually, my friend needs some dough, and I bought it back, thank God.

The three of them together are my avatar.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search