The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear you sold, and then bought AGAIN! Condenser Microphones
Old 24th June 2010
Gear Guru

Some guy in the past swapped me His Flight cased Hammond B3 and Leslie Cab for a Color TV and an Akai Video recorder..

I thought I might find Him in this Thread..

heh

I sold My K2000 keyboard one time.. I think I am going to buy it again soon.
and I sold a Cherry Red MusicMan stingray Bass for £350 at the time too. I get the feeling that was a bad Plan.
Old 24th June 2010
Gear Nut

Korg DVP-1 coolest vocoder I have ever used so I had to get another!

Cheers,
Nicholas
Old 24th June 2010
Gear Maniac

ha! cool thread. i kinda feel like getting another RADAR after selling my Otari RADAR II a few years back. damn that thing sounded great. we'll see. i'm always kind of looking...

i sold a '63 gretsch chet atkins tennesseean that i miss, but i sold it to buy an engagement ring i win. my (now) wife was pissed! i didnt tell her where it was. she was gonna go buy it back. it was purty. i still win. better than even trade, i'd say.thumbsup
Old 24th June 2010
Gear Guru

JBL LSR28p.

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 25th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNSmoke View Post

5. Gibson Flying V - Bought and sold a V, 4 times. They're like big girls - they're fun to play with till a friend sees you with one. Wish I could get over my V fetish...
haaaaaaaahhahahaha

aint that the truth.
Old 25th June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundseeker View Post
a designs haMMER eq
yo we gotta sell this now along with the nail.

so can we change this thread to " ... sold and bought and sold again"

in uk if any1 is interested
Old 25th June 2010
Lives for gear

Sold Clavia nord electro and Drawmer 1969 and thinking to buy them again(1968 that time, not the 1969, because the thing I miss is the compressor). Maybe also UA 2-610, missing the DI...
Old 25th June 2010
Gear Addict

Lessee...

Kurzweil Rumour
BAE 1073
Mesa V1 Bottle Rocket Overdrive
Mesa Rocket 44 head
Marshall JMP 2203 head
Old 28th June 2010
Here for the gear

2x MPC 60, 3x S950, 2x ASR 10R :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Gear you sold, and then bought AGAIN!-backlight.jpg  
Old 12th September 2010
Lives for gear

past month..

I'm on my sixth Juno 106 - yup, bough it and sold it 6 times, when will I learn Hopefully sixth times a charm..

Emu Procussion...I'll never get rid of this again!

Now I want my API 2500 and Korg MS-10 back!
Old 20th September 2010
Gear Maniac

let's see..

2 MKS-7s
4 Juno-106s / HS-60s.. I sorta miss 'em but not so much. the EM-101 is okay for now.
2 Oberheim Matrix-1000s ditto, but the Solton SM-100 is weird like the Ob stuff
2 Yamaha TX-81Zs, 2 DX-100s, 1 TX-7, 1 TX-802 = currently have 1 TX-81Z [12-bit A/D was missing in the studio, had to have it back]; 1 broken DX-100; 1 TX-802. FM overkill.
5 SH-101s [settled on just 1.. and a CMU-810]
2 MC-202s
2 TR-606s... eh. not missed all that much
2 TR-909s .. another coming soon.
4 Boss RPS-10s; settled on a pair
2 Studio Electronics SE-1s; traded one, found another to replace it, I'm happy.
2 Marshall Time Modulators [settled on 1, can't believe I traded it but.. it was for something desirable.]
2 Synton SPX-216 Vocoders; biggest mistake ever [aside from selling the 2600 & 303 way below market value]
4 CS-15s, settled on a CS-30M [and keeping it, finally]
2 Arp Odysseys, 3 Arp Avatars, 3 Arp Omni 2's, 2 Arp Axxes, 1 Arp 2600; decided I wasn't that big of a Arp fan after all, unless it's for -zilch- or a stupidly low price. I also can't stop the urge to rackmount them and they are not exactly the best candidates for that kind of thing.
3 MiniKorg II /700s's. I kind of regret selling the keyboard but I have the guts of another in formaldehyde.

I guess I kind of have a problem.. ? If everything was in a rack this wouldn't happen so much.
Old 20th September 2010
Solo/610 and Great River Pre so far. Probably the Distressor will enter that august assembly at some point, as well as the C414, both of which I had before and sold and would likely get again if I could afford them.
Old 20th September 2010
theother
H3000
Lexicon 480L (this is no. 4!)
224X
Minimoog
SSL 4000G+
AMS RMX16 + SDMX
Roland Space Echo
Roland Dim-D
NS10
Old 20th September 2010
Gear Guru

Boss SD-1

Epiphone semihollow guitars

Vintage 30 loudspeaker
Old 20th September 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan p View Post
He was a crank addict and needed the money to keep his fix going.Bought it for $1200 which was a good price then.A steal nowadays.

Dan P
Well I wouldn't be proud
Old 20th September 2010
Lives for gear

There are two things which I'm currently making the mistake (?) of parting with. A near brand new API 2500 because I'm not using it nearly as much as I thought, and a Marshall 800 50w 2x12 single channel because I've turned it on for a total of 6 hours at best in the last 6 years (Had it for 10) I just feel if I ditch them, I'll be looking to repurchase.
Old 20th September 2010
Lives for gear

I'm only up to 3 juno 106s...
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Maniac

Cool thread. I bought back the Moog Taurus II pedals for much more than I sold them for. And I feel great about it.

Now if I can find that Blue suede Hagstrom bass from the 60's, and that damn 55 Tele that I sold for 600 bucks....

I guess it could be worse. I sold a nice convertible Pontiac to my brother. He ended up selling it to someone out west, and then tracked it down. Ended up buying and selling it three times. Last I remember, it was up in Canada somewhere.

Luckily, I still have the '67 Triumph Bonneville I traded him for it....
Old 21st September 2010
I sold my Heil Sound PR-40 because at first, I didn't understand it. Then a friend got one, and we ran some extensive tests on it.

I bought it again and have been using on kick drum big time since then.
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Nut
^^

The one i want to get back is my Roland JP8080
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Addict

I am on my third Marshall JCM800 2205 head - or actually I am on my first - for the third time. I have sold and bought it back from the buyer...

I sold my U195 and have now bought a Bock 195.

I have been through 5!!! VT737's - now I wonder why I ever bought one?!?

I just bought my second ELOP limiter, my second FATSOjr and my third Audio Technica ATM25... I guess there's quite a few more, but nothing else pops up right now

I really don't know why I ever sold my Fearn preamp or my Pendulum ES-8 So now they're on the top of my "to get" list.
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Maniac

Wurlitzer electric piano
Wurlitzer electric piano
Wurlitzer electric piano
etc.
Old 22nd September 2010
Gear Maniac

1969 GIBSON LES PAUL GOLD TOP
MESA BOOGIE MARK IIC HEAD
1987 RAT PRO DISTORTION PEDAL
I searched to replicate this guitar tone with a lot of other great gear but ultimately re up'd and I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22nd September 2010
Gear Maniac
Symetrix 501
workhorse
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear Head

Gretsch 1976 Country Gentleman
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear Head

D112 - I have a love/hate relationship with this mic...I sold it because 95% of the time I hated it on kick drums...but then I bought another because i found myself missing it that other 5% of the time.

It still doesn't get much use but I'm going to keep it in the locker for good measure.
Old 23rd September 2010
Lives for gear

focusrite blue 230 comp, it was a namm demo dino hooked us up with - last of the blue series, only good comp we had at the time, a few years ago sold it for a pair of mc77s + 200 bucks. miss it. maybe we'll get a used red 3 , i hear its pretty close to the same as far as a bus comp. love the mc77s though, maybe get 2 more and have 4.

soundelux e47 sold one. two years later bought one. almost sold it again, decided to keep it until i can buy a real 47 or a wagner 47.

everything else so far sold it, been there done that ... movin on.
Old 23rd September 2010
Lives for gear
Four items that really hurt

1. Neumann M49c
2. 62 candy apple red Stratocaster
3. 60's black face vibroluxe
4. 50's tweed deluxe

Ohhh there are probably more- oh yeah 50's Gibson es-295
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear Guru

oh yeah there's a really cool story. . . I sold a mid 60s Guild Starfire II to the bassist from my first band, told him, "if you ever want to sell it, let me know first". sure enough three years later I'm missing the guitar, not quite getting on with the Gretsch I modded to try and take its place, and he calls me up wanting to sell. lucky enough I had just enough cash on hand to buy it back, now it's back in the arsenal (still not my go to, but I missed it for THAT sound)
Old 25th September 2010
Lives for gear

Destressor four times and SM7 6 times

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search