The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear you sold, and then bought AGAIN! Condenser Microphones
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Bought a mesa boogie V-twin som years ago, but it did not fit in my "sound" and sold it. Only to buy one again because i got a great deal, and now it's almost the only drive i use.. (for rock)heh
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

LA 3A and gibson ES 135 with P 90's.
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNSmoke View Post
What is it about the Juno 106 that makes me sell it, then want it back every time?! I went through 5 of those things...the Vostok eventually quelched my analog synth obsession...
It may be different for others but for me, I go through "de-cluttering" phases where I aspire to an ascetic, minimalist lifestyle, and as the 106 is a big keyboard (and it's not touch sensitive so it can't do as a controller keyboard), it ends up being a target of being sold. Also they're so easy to sell and I always figure if I really need one I can find one since they are so plentiful.

The Juno 106 is such an amazing sounding synth, I've been able to incorporate it into most genres of music I have tried (I've even found laying a bit of it in the back of sample strings gives it something organic that would be missing without the 106), and I know it inside out and can work fast on it. So I end up getting buying one back.

But I've come to realize that my dream of living like this may if I want to do music may not be possible :/

Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

The only gear I've ever sold and then bought again is a Stratocaster, like most, looking for one that stays in tune.
But as for studio gear...once it's gone I'm movin' on.
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Nut

The only thing I've ended up buying twice was an Audix i5. Not high-end, I know. But I sold mine to my brother (of all people) and just had to go back and get another.

It's okay, though. He sold me his Royer R121 for a very low price. I think I came out ahead.
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
But as for studio gear...once it's gone I'm movin' on.

Thank you.

Me, not one thing in 20 years. Literally not one.

And I STILL own the first Roland synth I bought in 1985- the alpha juno 1. Its low on the roland totem pole, but if you can make the most of something.... That synth still makes it on every track...

Ive never understood the Pokemon mentality...

Evolve yes, ******... no.
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddash View Post
I have bought and resold yamaha motifs 7 times. I will be buying 1 again soon. lol
We have a Yamaha Motif ES and I don't think it's ever going to leave. My favorite piano patch or "Glasgow" is something I really love. We are getting the DX expansion for it before it disappears. With the digital out and ability to layer DX and the ROM sounds in pristine audio quality it will be more classic than anything else that will probably ever come about.. :p

Since the expansion cards are now all but nixed from the Motif line, I believe these mid models with the DX expansion will be looked for in the future if something good is done with the technology. The wave ROM is just great as it is, especially the pianos and guitars, but ROMplers tend to suck hard with limitations.
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Nut

Klein & Hummel P110.
Old 25th March 2010
vly
Gear Head

Before 15 years in attack of madness I'm sold a Fender Twin Reverb silverface ( non master volume version) from i think '71 :-(

Don't ask me why-i still don't know...

I'm purchased recently Fender Vibrosonic Reverb (also silverface but with master volume ) from '75 i suppose that's in some way a way try to find my Twin again :-)

Vibrosonic really sounds good but....
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Bought a TB 303 for $150. Did a few songs with it, told people that i used it in interviews and also a few now famous DJ-Producers. Sold it for $1000 and thought I made out like a bandit.

................until labels started asking me to remake my TB303 songs. Went back to the guy I sold it to and he wanted $4000 for it-I'd signed my name on the bottom and he said he could get twice that on Ebay. Wound up getting it for $1200 after I promised to sign the seller's keyboard.
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Maniac

ARP Odyssey II
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Mini and Jupiter 8

but then I badly needed the cash!
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Alesis d-4 rythm, I sold and I bought again, well, I think because I have not enough information when I did (not internet), I would not buy again now

Sennheiser md 441 I sold but now I realize if it was a good idea
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Maniac

I sold a Moog Voyager RE, because I could achieve very close results with a plugin. Then I upgraded my converters (from MBox to MBox Pro to Ensemble and lastly to Prism Orpheus) and monitors (from Genelec 8020 to 8040) and the plugin started to sound less convincing. Got myself a Moog Voyager RE again and now I can really tell the difference. It was a good lesson for me. Live and learn.

Cheers,

Jack
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Head

Don't know if it counts but Pro Tools... can't seem to escape Digidesign's clutches
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

i sold my cranesong hedd48k and now i want it back or something as good.
Old 27th March 2010
Lives for gear
art levelar

oh and I think I want my A2D back as well.
Old 27th March 2010
Lives for gear

I've sold some stuff years ago when I was young and switched from my Atari ST Midi / Fostex D-160 Beginner-Set-up to Logic 4.x / RME Itb Recording. I was thinking digital fx will do it for me from now, lol . .

Sold & bought again
Eventide H3000 - Still an unreplaceable unit for me - Now I have three of them

Ensoniq DP4 - Such a nice FX box, best partner to the H3000 - bought a DP4+
Old 27th March 2010
Gear Nut

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. I have bought and sold it two times on separate occasions. It's not that I didn't like it. I just needed the money.

I know I'm going to get it someday again and hopefully never sell it then.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4blades View Post
ARP Odyssey II

LOL I had one of those! it was my zips, zaps, whooshes & laser burst effects gadget for years.
Old 5th May 2010
Lives for gear

I have never sold a piece of gear and then gone out and bought the same thing again down the road, but if I had the cash, I would run out and buy a Hiwatt Custom 50 like the one I sold in the 80s to get a Laney. I still miss that amp.
Old 5th May 2010
Lives for gear

Luckily none.

I'm way too picky anyways, I will spend weeks/months on research and listening to samples, so when I buy it I know how it sounds, and if I don't like it, then I won't buy it again.

Don't go with something just based on someone's word. Research-research gentlemen.
Old 5th May 2010
Lives for gear

Vertical input Marshall JCM 800. bought three times! Tried other boutique amps that were Marshall based (bad cat, bogner, etc...) nothing sounds quite like the original.
Old 5th May 2010
Lives for gear

Purple MC77. Lookin' for one now...
Old 5th May 2010
Gear Head

Oh man. My dad told me when I was a kid, "You shouldn't live your life having to sell your things to buy new things." Right...

Outboard Premier Reverbs. A Couple times. Always regret it, but I guess I'm lucky in that the one I have now is the best sounding one I've owned. I regret selling a couple Blackface Fender amps a few years ago that I'll never own again...
Old 5th May 2010
a designs haMMER eq
Old 5th May 2010
Lives for gear
I bought shares in Apple, sold them again, bought them again, sold them again, and it financed the rest of my studio
Old 6th May 2010
Gear Nut

i sell my Drum Machine Roland R8

and next 6 month i buy again from another place..
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

SCI Prophet VS keyboard....but was a deal could not pass up at the time.

VS swap for tr808,sh101 and tb303.

Bought a mint VS few years later.

Owned two Aphex DomII's,,both sold and will buy another at some point.

also Spirit Folio4. 2nd one. nice clean project mixer with useable eq
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

Yeah.... let's not talk about GTRs... ('68 Les Paul custom, '68 Tennessean, etc... eh, yeah....)
Amps... '71 Marshall Super Lead II

Well, I owned the same pair of mid '70s Nuemann U87s THREE TIMES since the were new in '75
Um..... I have owned three MCI JH-24s since '81.
Two Lexicon 200s...

Since I have owned about three or four COMPLETE studios of gear since '75 I have owned A LOT of stuff more than once.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search