The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear you sold, and then bought AGAIN! Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little...If you have another one, I'll give you twice that much...

Wish I had the my Gibson Custom Shop '61 SG with the Maestro back...Or the Divided by 13 CJ11...or My dual racked Helios Type 69's...or the first Helios Dual Type69 1RU that I sold for $2750...or the Retro Instruments Sta-Level...Or the CM7-GT k47...or one of the many Santa Cruz's I've sold...or...
Screw it...I'm going to go drink some bleach...

I guess the answer is a Type 69...if I pull the trigger on the 500 series, it'll be the 3rd one I've bought...
Hey what's funny is I felt like I got really beat up on the U48, because I had bought it for 500 as I recall

Yeah I've gotten rid of guitars over the years that I won't even discuss now, it's crazy. But, it was between the mortgage and the guitar at the time. Such as life as a musician in South Florida

TH
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
...Or the Divided by 13 CJ11.....
John,

I'm just wondering why you sold the /13 CJ11? I've got a /13 JRT - I love the tone, but f$&k it's noisy sometimes! I don't know why Fred had to go and use 5879 tubes for the preamp section..is that what made you sell it?

Michael
Old 22nd March 2010
Tubetech CL1Bs and Distressors.

Back when the used market was sorta normal i would turnover CL1Bs like they were hot cakes. Same with the Distressors.
Old 22nd March 2010
Gear Guru

Manley stuff.
bought-sold-bought-sold
distressors .still haven't bought any back.they're always some in the classifieds though
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNSmoke View Post
John,

I'm just wondering why you sold the /13 CJ11? I've got a /13 JRT - I love the tone, but f$&k it's noisy sometimes! I don't know why Fred had to go and use 5879 tubes for the preamp section..is that what made you sell it?

Michael
Because I'm a dumbass...and a bad guitar player. That thing'll make you realize that real quick...heh
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Alan Smart C2. Sold it thinking it was redundant when I bought a grey SSL FX 384... nope.

Bought another within 6 months

And I keep buying and selling Novation A-Stations and variations of that. I keep thinking its cheesy, but then I need that cheese! heh

-Andrews
Old 22nd March 2010
It'll eventually be 560s for me. I sold my pair because my lunchbox was full and I was getting a pair of distressors. I didn't use them as much as the other stuff in the rack. Now I miss them. I'll buy a pair back one of these days.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear
a jcm 2000 which i no longer have. i hate when you know you have some pricey gear that will sell in a heartbeat and you get in a bind with health costs (well not anymore hopefully) or have a bad month and got to pay the bills. sometimes it feels like a big struggle to stay up when you invest in bigger toys in life. hopefully i won't have to sell any of my 500 series modules. if i did though probably the api 512c's because they are always on ebay for 550-600 and plentiful. the great river pres however are more of a rarity and go fast on the used market, so i might want to hold onto those.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Not so much with recording gear, but synths....OMG.

Akai S-line samplers....bought a S950, sold it, lot's ot regrets, bought a S1000, sold it, same story, bought a S1100....and finally sold it.

About the same story with Roland MKS-20 and the whole Yamaha Motif line...don't know what's wrong with me.

Oh yes, I bought and sold an Alesis Quadraverb a couple of times!

Now I just keep everything

Stein Tore
Old 22nd March 2010
Here for the gear

Stupid mistakes I made when I was youger and needed handy cash
-tascam 34B
-Apogee Mini me USB
-Korg M1 (my first keyboard from like 88?)
Sold and rebought some of my samplers, just wanted to have em around
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Active Minicubes twice
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Sennheiser 416 MKH (I do voiceovers)

It's like that girlfriend that you keep breaking up with and then want to get back with....

Unlike the GF, the 416 keeps taking me back.....
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

RNC
Korg SDD 3000 delay (I won't make that mistake again)
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

I have bought and resold yamaha motifs 7 times. I will be buying 1 again soon. lol
Old 23rd March 2010
Gear Guru

When I first started buying high end preamps about 6 years ago I got on the Avalon wagon, I have bought and sold at least 7-vt737sp, 3-2044, 2-2022 and 1 2055.... I took me a few years to realize that this was way overpriced crap, now I buy API, John Hardy, Neve Clones and SSL.....not looking back at all.
why the fu+k did I buy and sell 7 737s ? stupid I guess.
Old 23rd March 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Alan Smart C2. Sold it thinking it was redundant when I bought a grey SSL FX 384... nope.

Bought another within 6 months

And I keep buying and selling Novation A-Stations and variations of that. I keep thinking its cheesy, but then I need that cheese! heh

-Andrews
Dirty you just need to get a taste of the quad g series and you would sell the Smart stuff again...lol
Don't get me wrong Smart is good but some of the SSL stuff is amazing.

btw I need to sell a 3rd mint Gibson Gold Top but just cannot do it, even though my back cannot take it anymore, been playing strats for a while.
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

I'm on my:
- 7th Roland Juno 106
- 2nd pair of Yamaha NS-10M Studio Monitors
- 3rd Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal

I don't plan to sell any of the above, ever.
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Distressor.
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post
I'm on my:
- 7th Roland Juno 106
- 2nd pair of Yamaha NS-10M Studio Monitors
- 3rd Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal

I don't plan to sell any of the above, ever.
What is it about the Juno 106 that makes me sell it, then want it back every time?! I went through 5 of those things...the Vostok eventually quelched my analog synth obsession...
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post

btw I need to sell a 3rd mint Gibson Gold Top but just cannot do it, even though my back cannot take it anymore, been playing strats for a while.
Get a Collings!..

Collings CL | Handmade Instruments from Austin, TX

I'm a Gibson guy too and the Collings are built better and don't weigh as much as my ex-mother-in-law. A strat will always feel emasculated in the hands of a Gibson lover...I have a 290 and I-35 Deluxe and all I can say is..good night!
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

I try not to sell the stuff I really like, however I sold an RE10 for a ridiculously low price (lucky buyer!) and ended up getting a pair of RE15's a few months later in a really really good deal. I guess karma worked for me in this little swap! No, I did not regret purchasing the RE15's.
Old 23rd March 2010
Gear Addict

Vintech 473
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear
pultec EQH-2. thought i had one too many... i'm an idiot. haven't bought it back yet but i'm looking for one.
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

Roland Juno 60, my first synth. Sold it when analog synths weren't "cool" anymore and bought one back last year.
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

Roland space echo..

I've bought and sold 3 of them now..

Last one I got for $300 and sold for $690 on evil bay.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for cheap ones though. they are worth a ton on ebay for some reason
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
In 1974 I sold a Neumann U-48 in great shape, for 450.00

I still have nightmares about it from time to time.

TH
Whew. That hurts just to think about!

It's only been 36 years. Perhaps you could contact the buyer and tell them you've reconsidered!!
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM Interactive View Post
Whew. That hurts just to think about!

It's only been 36 years. Perhaps you could contact the buyer and tell them you've reconsidered!!
$475 was alot more back then than it is now but i'd be having nightmares too.

which reminds me about the stuff we sold when we closed our studio in 1989. allen sides (good man, and i would have done the same) was swimming around us like a great white... he got some deals i tell you.

man, i had buried that deep in my subconsciousness.
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Head

I bought a les paul studio premium plus, the white wood one for 1300. I Only to sell it 3 weeks later for 800 because I was out of money, and my girlfriend was coming home that week from Kuwait. I had to drive from Texas to Kansas to see her and pick a hotel to stay in....
Oh yea,
we broke up that week too.
Attached Images
Gear you sold, and then bought AGAIN!-images.jpg 
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Head

I sold a hammond B3 & 122 Leslie. thought that would be a good idea.
well, it wasn't.
I had to buy another B3 later, basicly the same thing, but much more expencive. that was really annoying.
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

I can only match the first part of the topic... swapped a BA6A for about $800 in studio time in 1995. I wasn't following the market at the time, the studio owner said, "yeah, that's about what they're going for...". I might be in the section of hell reserved for idiots, but I hope he's in a warmer section.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search