The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Apogee Gear?
Old 4th June 2003
Lives for gear

New Apogee Gear?

In another thread about converters, a few people mentioned that Apogee was going to release some new whiz-bang products. Nobody named any specific technology and now I'm curious.

What are the rumors/facts? What's going on with Apogee Digital?

Old 4th June 2003
Rab
KMR Audio

Mini DAC, Rosetta 800 and Big Ben. Was there anything else?
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

You've asked the golden question. I spent nearly $20,000 on my AD-8000 SE's in a November several years ago, being told they would have a new high-res replacement the following summer. They still don't have one. In the meantime, I had to sell them to get Myteks and now Lynx cards to get High Res. I think someone is asleep at the rudder over there.
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by robdarling
You've asked the golden question. I spent nearly $20,000 on my AD-8000 SE's in a November several years ago, being told they would have a new high-res replacement the following summer. They still don't have one. In the meantime, I had to sell them to get Myteks and now Lynx cards to get High Res. I think someone is asleep at the rudder over there.
Do you use the Lynx with the ADAT or the AES I/O? Or do you have analog wth ADAT/AES?? I was interested in the Lynx but it seemed that the latency was higher than the RME Hammerfall.
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

I'm using the Lynx convertors mainly, with the Myteks handling any overflow via adat.

I'm getting exactly the same driver performance with the Lynx that I got with the RME. On my new machine (Intel d875PBZ 3.0ghz w/800mhz fsb) I'm working comfortably at 128 sample latency at 96k, mostly comfortable at 64 samples (that's sub-millisecond for the Protools kids.)

They sound great. Don't hesitate.
Old 5th June 2003
Gear Addict

Rob Darling...

I'm currently deciding between the Lucid ad96's or Panasonic adm96's ot the LynxTwo card....

Every review of the Lynx is positive....what are your thoughts? have you used the others?

Buddhaman
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

I haven't used the Panasonic, but the Lynx is head and shoulders above the Lucid. T
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear