The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SPL Transient Designer Dynamics Plugins
Old 24th October 2014
Gear Maniac

How does it compare to the Elysia nvelope.

Only used the SPL which is great but been thinking about getting a pair of nvelopes.

Cheers
Old 24th October 2014
Lives for gear

If you like it, try Nvelope in a 500 series. It's incredible.
Old 24th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
How does it compare to the Elysia nvelope.

Only used the SPL which is great but been thinking about getting a pair of nvelopes.

Cheers
Elysia has way more controls and cleaner path. Also, additional capabilities, although I would not discount Transient Designer as outdated. Its strength is in simplicity and functionality.
I am happy owner of both.
Elysia is kind of high-end implementation of some cool SPL gears , if not wrong some of key Elysians used to work in SPL before Elysia.
Old 24th October 2014
Lives for gear

I own and use both. The Nvelope team also designed the TD. Nvelope is much more involved but doesn't replace TD. The eq function on Nvelope is great. Along with the Atlas Juggernaut, it's one of the few boxes that exceeded any expectations I've had. It's a box that you can dial up quickly or spend an afternoon tweaking. No software compares (that I'm aware of).
Old 24th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap View Post

No software compares (that I'm aware of).
There is certain weight and airness perserved in analogues processing of dynamics compared to SW.
I can't help myself in finding proper software replacements. Some of the better plugins may certainly do the work, but also remove or add something that doesn't happen in hardware.
Light distortion in some of hardware gears usually adds to the beauty of particular box and similar behaviour definitely reduces nuances in digital.
TD and nvelope (since introduction) are indispensable part of my analogue processing setup.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search