All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
OT: Who is using KRK E8t?
Old 20th October 2005
Gear Addict

OT: Who is using KRK E8t?

I´m just a little curious...
any links and pics welcome.
May I start:

Pic 1 is from my home, Pic 2 is Mr. Mike Shipley.
Attached Thumbnails
OT: Who is using KRK E8t?-studiokrk.jpg   OT: Who is using KRK E8t?-mike-shipley-studio.jpg  
Old 20th October 2005
Gear Addict

Those both are the newer ones. I have the ones with the yellow tweeters. They look pretty darn good in that studio!
Old 20th October 2005
Lives for gear

Hi Andi,

I work exclusiv on E8t's, the black tweeter is the newer
one (the titanium one).

wolfgang
Old 20th October 2005
Lives for gear

I haven't heard these....I'm using Expose 7's.
Old 31st December 2005
Gear Addict

Time to bring this one back from the dead..

Has anybody compared the new/older versions with the diffrent tweeters?
Old 1st January 2006
Lives for gear

I have been interrested in this topic as well. I have a pair of E8's with the older silk tweeter and was told by KRK that they would upgrade them for me (for a charge).

However I have seen that a lot of folks prefer the older ones (like Chuck Ainley), so now I am kind of glad I did not upgrade...although replacement tweeters are quite rare I am told...

So I would love to get some opinions...

Also as a side note...one of my two KRK's has developed a very bad transformer hum/buzz (no its not cables or interference) so I need to send it back to KRK to be fixed. Any one have any experience with their service dept?

Paul
Old 1st January 2006
Lives for gear

I still use a really old pair of krk 7000b's. Silk tweet. The only thing I don't care for is the slotted port. seems to take a good 6-8 feet for the low end to really come together. Kind of a middle ground between ns10 and bm15a.
Old 1st January 2006
Lives for gear

Just retired the E-7's to my home editing room and switched over to a pair of Dynaudio Bm-15A's. Much more fun to work on and I can now mix and contour the low end like I have been wanting to for years. See my thread a number of months ago about KRK and you will see many of the important reason's I bailed on them as a company. Not a day I was happy to see come but like a sexy old but psycho girlfriend at some point enough is enough.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthrea...&highlight=krk

Michael Greene
Old 6th October 2018
Here for the gear
I'll tell you who is, Dave Pensado is. For more than 5 years, you can see one of them on the background of most of in to the lair episodes.
And about that, is it just me or there's a lot of people combining ns 10 with krk? Dave does it, and i know i have seen them somewhere else. KRK SYSTEMS - Featured Users, Artists and Facilities look at the picture of Ben Grosse here. Theres also a lot of pictures with barefoot speakers, but those are so expensive i don't think its even worth mentioning.
Old 8th October 2018
Lives for gear

There's nothing like digging up a 13 year old thread, lol.
Old 9th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budriai View Post
I'll tell you who is, Dave Pensado is. For more than 5 years, you can see one of them on the background of most of in to the lair episodes.
And about that, is it just me or there's a lot of people combining ns 10 with krk? Dave does it, and i know i have seen them somewhere else. KRK SYSTEMS - Featured Users, Artists and Facilities look at the picture of Ben Grosse here. Theres also a lot of pictures with barefoot speakers, but those are so expensive i don't think its even worth mentioning.
Fast forward a few years, brah...
Old 24th October 2018
Here for the gear
was thinking of the ns10 krk thing when i saw this and i had to say it
Old 24th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budriai View Post
was thinking of the ns10 krk thing when i saw this and i had to say it
Most people who are use to ns10 keep using them with something else as a cross reference.
Dave was an augspurger/ns10 user for a long time. Then he added the krk e8t. Now he use augspurger solo 15 with 18 sub, amphion, reftone and iloud.
Ben Grosse use krk v8s4 and not e8t as you mentionned earlier. Btw most e8t/e7t user are now on krk v8/v6/v4 serie 4 (sound way better than the old exposé line).

Last edited by Mikael-ange; 25th October 2018 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Q-tips for french guy
Old 24th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael-ange View Post
(sound way better than the old expose line).
Time for some q-tips, lol.
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Time for some q-tips, lol.
Thanks for pointing that out ;-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search