The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 vs Lexicon 480 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenhouseNH View Post
One thing that would worry me about the Bricasti is that the mainframes can get as hot as the surface of the sun, to the point where the studio I was using it in was having reliability problems with both the M7s and the gear just above it. They really need a lot of breathing room to run happy.
Can you imagine the warmth around Alan Meyerson's 6 Bricastis? Even during this *polar winter* we're having out here, he may still need the A/C.
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Ummm monitors won't really help with trying to simulate a great tracking room, that's what I'd use a Bricasti for, not making playback sound better.
I thought you were discussing room treatment as a tool for improving playback. I guess I don't follow, but it's probably a bit off-course anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
I thought this thread was about reverb and where and why you'd use it. Already mentioned the budget options and why I use them FWIW......
The M7 and 480 are getting a lot of bumps so it's about getting these products into people's brains (not bad for business).
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I thought you were discussing room treatment as a tool for improving playback. I guess I don't follow, but it's probably a bit off-course anyway.

The M7 and 480 are getting a lot of bumps so it's about getting these products into people's brains (not bad for business).
It's Friday so.....all good!

Hey I can't hype them enough, I love reverb...... I made the mistake of trying TP because I've worked with the engineer that developed it. Had to have it as a result.....wow! That's why I'm staying away from a Bricasti..... Can't afford that and a divorce.......

SP 2016 bought on a deal and a whim, man is it fun. VVV is just all around good and I'm a sucker for the retro brown/orange GUI......
Old 3rd March 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenhouseNH View Post
One thing that would worry me about the Bricasti is that the mainframes can get as hot as the surface of the sun, to the point where the studio I was using it in was having reliability problems with both the M7s and the gear just above it. They really need a lot of breathing room to run happy.
I use a 1u blanking plate ubove and below my M7M in my rack and although it does get warm (after being on for 8 hours or so) it certainly doesn’t reach the temperatures you have experienced
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Temperature will never cause reliability issues with an M7. The fan will spin up and in the worst case it will gently remove itself from the signal path and indicate as much on the front panel.

If you are having a reliability issue, it would be best to contact our shop and schedule a full bench service.

-Casey
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_io View Post
I use a 1u blanking plate ubove and below my M7M in my rack and although it does get warm (after being on for 8 hours or so) it certainly doesn’t reach the temperatures you have experienced
I have found it very important to leave space below the M7 and to make sure that no heat source is located there. This way the fan never spins up a lot and equipment above it will not get hot either, because the M7 has no venting holes on the top. It can safely be placed directly underneath other equipment (if that other equipment does not need extra space). The bottom however has lots of air inlets and should receive cool air over the entire surface in order to optimally cool the unit.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

This is key. I leave a space below and mine runs quiet as a mouse all day long. Heat is not an issue either. And like the earlier poster, took about five minutes of auditioning to pull out the credit card. Been at least five years and I only such I had two more. Brilliant reverb
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars 2078 View Post
Hello,
I'd like to buy a new reverb. I have a PCM 90 and 70 + some plug (like TL Space, Revibe, D-verb, Rev one ecc).
So I'm considering a Bricasti M7 (or a PCM96).
I'd like to know what do you think about M7 compared to the classic 480.
Should I wait for it or Bricasti can be the ticket?

Thank you
You may wish to wait and save for a Bricasti. I will quote a literary reference to explain why I feel this way, below:

"Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Or, colloquially:

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness, bind them."

Last edited by OceanMan; 4th March 2019 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: dyslexia. every. damn. time.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Try both if you can. I sublet a B room to a guy with a 960. I prefer Bricasti.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search