Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Old 12th October 2005
Gear nut

Anyone here have comments about Sanken mics? Especially the CU-44X and CU-41? Sound-wise? Best implementations? Any good for voice (singer or VO)? Reliability? Company reputation?

Old 12th October 2005

they might be pin3 hot if they're on the early model side. You can change this easily. Classics. anything, that you want that sound for.
Old 12th October 2005
The cu-41 is one of the mics I picked out 3 times for both male and female vocals on the Lynn Fuston 3d audio mic comparison cd. I really liked it on vocals a lot. Met the guys at AES, and they seemed really cool (Martin Ucik at 24 Plus - distributor) - they said serious buyers might consider trying them out. Fairly expensive mics, but detailed, present, warm, good treatement of proximity and sibilance - this is my impression from the CD - I still haven't tested one, personally. But other mics that I bought that I liked on the CD have come through with flying colors. Definitely worth at LEAST trying out. IMHO. Let us know what you think.
Old 12th October 2005
Gear nut

I may have an opportunity to acquire one... I have no idea what they would be worth, though.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search