Old 12th August 2010
500 series nutjob

cool: )~
heh
Old 12th August 2010
That is such a cool idea. Ha and i thought i was cool building an 1176 clone
Old 16th August 2010
Lives for gear

I am still wondering why nobody has made a 8 channel module lunch box.

8 channels makes more sense than a 6 to me. And it shouldn't be that heavy to lug around.
Old 18th August 2010
Lives for gear

Got an API lunchbox today!
Attached Thumbnails
let's see your lunchbox !!-lunchboxes-08-10-04.jpg   let's see your lunchbox !!-lunchboxes-08-10-03.jpg  
Old 18th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapfreak View Post
Could you be happy with just the Juggernauts? I have a pair and have contemplated adding some more flavors.
Sorry for the late response.

I could just make recordings with the Juggernaut's but absolutely prefer to have the MA5 and 512C there as well. Why? Because they are different enough to justify owning. I figured since the Juggernaut is the most versatile of the three, it would make sense to own the most of those.

I can't make the Juggernaut sound like the other two. I also cannot make the other two sound like the Juggernaut. That's why I own all three.

I would love to have more of all of them. But that will have to wait due to the new Elysia 500 series compressor.
Old 18th August 2010
1176 500 format !!! ........ Sign me UP !! thumbsup
Old 19th August 2010
Gear Maniac

Tonelux V8 Roadster finally complete...
Attached Thumbnails
let's see your lunchbox !!-photo-4.jpg  
Old 19th August 2010
Lives for gear
So thinking of my next pre...so if i have a great river and api 512c would a juggernaut be worth it or should i get a reall eq or out board compressor like the api 527 or say screw it and get a rack distressor..i can't really decide :P
Old 19th August 2010
Gear Maniac

i dont belong here

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 19th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 View Post
So thinking of my next pre...so if i have a great river and api 512c would a juggernaut be worth it or should i get a reall eq or out board compressor like the api 527 or say screw it and get a rack distressor..i can't really decide :P
I have a Great River also and love it. Might I suggest that you give some consideration to the Electrodyne 501 mic pre. I find it to be extremely versatile. It sounds great with everything that I through at it.

Good luck with your search,

Cory
Old 19th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyrock View Post
Tonelux V8 Roadster finally complete...
Noice!
Old 22nd August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
. I figured since the Juggernaut is the most versatile of the three, it would make sense to own the most of those. I can't make the Juggernaut sound like the other two. I also cannot make the other two sound like the Juggernaut. That's why I own all three.
Bex, try going out of your Juggernaut #1, then into the input of Juggernaut #2 (with a 30db inline pad in between). They couple very well in series like that, and you can get a ton of coloration if needed.
Old 18th September 2010
Gear Addict

AML just added

now a match for the 512c , and EQ and I have my eye on a PP BAC 500
Old 18th September 2010
Lives for gear

Looks good, that carnhill pre.
Old 18th September 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post

8 channels makes more sense than a 6 to me. And it shouldn't be that heavy to lug around.
Sooooooo true. When doing location projects, it's easier to lug 8 channels in 1 or 2 U rack configs, than to carry 2 lunch boxes. An 11 is too big. 6, 10 and 11 are such odd numbers when everything seems to be in multiples of 8.

I'd be the first to ditch my 6 slot for an 8.
Old 18th September 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
Looks good, that carnhill pre.
So far really dig'n it , works flawlessly with the Countryman DI for bass too , this may be my new goto pre .
Old 18th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post

OSA used to, IIRC.

API should offer the 6b w/ external psu, making it an 8b. Don't know what's involved but I'm sure an existing 6b could be modified to accept 2 more cards.
Old 18th September 2010
500 series nutjob

sweet fretless!!!
Old 18th September 2010
So would an 8 module with external supply be more needed, or an 8 module with internal supply be more needed by engineers in general? The external would be approx the same size as a 6b, the internal would be the same size as a 10/11 module rack.
Old 18th September 2010
Personally, I'd be ok with external PSU. I just bundle cables/wall warts in the road case behind the Furman, with the power connector coming out of a hole.
Old 18th September 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
sweet fretless!!!
Thanks man and Thanks again for the great review , had it not been for that I may never have even heard about it .
Old 18th September 2010
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless View Post
Thanks man and Thanks again for the great review , had it not been for that I may never have even heard about it .
thank you: )~
Colin dose great work: )~
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Here's where I'm at. Got a dedicated 10 space for compressors, a 10 space for EQ's, a 6 space for 3 double wides, and an Atlas Pro Audio Revolver holding my Elysia Xpressor. I would say that the only pieces of gear that I'm not in love with yet are my Purple Audio Tav's. They sound great, but I'm wondering if I would like another pair of Little Devils because of their color and the flexibility of 4 bands and selectable frequencies. The fixed frequencies on the Tav are making it so they work on some things, but not a ton for me yet. Good success on kick, snare, and some vocals though. Anyway, here they are. Really happy with these units. - paul
Attached Thumbnails
let's see your lunchbox !!-500-series-eqs.jpg   let's see your lunchbox !!-500-series-comps.jpg   let's see your lunchbox !!-obisidian-step-eqs.jpg   let's see your lunchbox !!-xpressor-550-revolver.jpg  
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

let's see your lunchbox 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred
So would an 8 module with external supply be more needed, or an 8 module with internal supply be more needed by engineers in general? The external would be approx the same size as a 6b, the internal would be the same size as a 10/11 module rack.
Mr. Eldred,

I would buy an eight slot lunchbox with either internal or external PSU as long as it was rackmountable (maybe removable ears) and if you want to really make a splash come up with a way to safely cover the front panel with a hard shell for transport so it really is portable.

Best regards,
Alex
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmachine View Post
Here's where I'm at. Got a dedicated 10 space for compressors, a 10 space for EQ's, a 6 space for 3 double wides, and an Atlas Pro Audio Revolver holding my Elysia Xpressor. I would say that the only pieces of gear that I'm not in love with yet are my Purple Audio Tav's. They sound great, but I'm wondering if I would like another pair of Little Devils because of their color and the flexibility of 4 bands and selectable frequencies. The fixed frequencies on the Tav are making it so they work on some things, but not a ton for me yet. Good success on kick, snare, and some vocals though. Anyway, here they are. Really happy with these units. - paul
one of my favorite collections I've ever seen! beautiful

can't imagine how much fun it'd be to track drums with this setup.
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
you filthy slut!
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks Gents, I'm definitely a ***** for gear. Can't help myself very much. Atleast my wife digs me enough to deal with my obsession. It's taken me a while to arrive at this collection. Sent a lot of stuff back, but I feel like I've finally arrived at a place where I've got a pretty diverse set of options. Some really powerful units there. Makes me happy. - paul
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks Gents, I'm definitely a ***** for gear. Can't help myself very much. Atleast my wife digs me enough to deal with my obsession. It's taken me a while to arrive at this collection. Sent a lot of stuff back, but I feel like I've finally arrived at a place where I've got a pretty diverse set of options. Some really powerful units there. Makes me happy. - paul
WOW!!!!

yeah..... I think you've moved beyond being a gear slut and are now a straight up '500 series hussy'
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
Nathan what about an 8 space with the PSU behind a couple of modules?
I think the remote PSU would be to easy to leave at the studio and since you would need a custom PSU for the +-16 and the Phantom This could be problematic!
Also the one stupid thing I love about my Beatup old Apex TT Jacks easy to interface with most patchbays!
📝 Reply