The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon 480L vs Lexicon 300L Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 5th October 2014
Gear Guru

I am thinking about getting a Lexicon m300 and wanted to verify something. I want to have the option to eventually get a Larc down the road. That's possible as long as it has version 3.5 on it? Or does it have to have 3.5"L" specifically

thanks
Old 5th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I am thinking about getting a Lexicon m300 and wanted to verify something. I want to have the option to eventually get a Larc down the road. That's possible as long as it has version 3.5 on it? Or does it have to have 3.5"L" specifically

thanks
It has to be LARC specific 3.5.
I have both M300 and 300L.
Old 5th October 2014
Gear Guru

thanks!
Old 6th October 2014
Lives for gear

Lexicon M300 1.x Software upgrade to 3.5/3.5L Larc

Hi there,
The M300 3.5L is the upgrade required (LARC) and can be purchased from Benden Tech Services in the UK. 3.5 will give you all the other Front Panel functionality. They (Benden Tech) even have an eBay link for those V1.x users wishing to upgrade the Eproms and Gal chip to Version 3.5 - 3.5L for Larc. You must ask for a Specific upgrade 3.5 for Algo's or 3.5L for Larc function.

All info is below including Pictures of EPROM Kit and Install Manual. You will enjoy the change from 1.x to 3.5 it's literally a new world of Algorithms from the 224/XL that went into version 4.x/4.1 of the 480L Mothership including many of the same Presets & Algo's alongside better stability, longer delay and Pitch-shifting and a 2nd Modulation section etc. PM if you require any other info or see my previous 300/M & 300L Posts including many on the 480L - Best of luck as I'm sure you'll enjoy the Upgrade & the improvements offered. Here is the link. It should explain all you require.

Lexicon 480L vs Lexicon 300LLexicon 300 Reverb Effects V3 5 EPROM Gal Firmware Upgrade Kit | eBay

Lexicon 480L vs Lexicon 300L-lexicon-3.5-upgrade-eproms-gal-chip.jpg

Kind Regards
TheLastByte
Attached Thumbnails
Lexicon 480L vs Lexicon 300L-lexicon-3.5-upgrade-eproms-gal-chip.jpg  

Last edited by TheLastByte; 6th October 2014 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Link & Picture for future refrence
Old 6th October 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
3.5L Is the upgrade required and can be purchased from Benden Tech Services in the UK. They even have an eBay link for those V1.x users wishing to upgrade the Eproms and Gal chip to Version 3.5 (Not 3.5L for Larc) You must ask for a Specific upgrade 3.5 or 3.5L.

Here is the link. It should explain all you require.
Lexicon 480L vs Lexicon 300LLexicon 300 Reverb Effects V3 5 EPROM Gal Firmware Upgrade Kit | eBay

Regards
TheLastByte
That's amazing! I might buy a set just to put on the shelf.
Old 6th October 2014
Gear Guru

thanks LastByte!
Old 10th October 2014
Lives for gear

Hi there,

Glad to help as always, the upgrade from 1.x to 3.x/3.5/3.5L (Larc Specific) is a major boost to to your M/L300 Reverb and DSP Processing. Just remember that when and if....You do get a LARC for the M300 the front Button display will go blank and you will require a 9-12 volt adaptor to the LARC as it's powered in a different way from the 480L and the 224XL LARCS. When you want the LARC Specific Info for an M300/L Please just see my previous posts and you'll find all the documentation required. Search M/L300 Lexicon and My GS Signature etc.

Best of luck!

TLB.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search