The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amek g2520
Old 1st January 2010
Gear Nut

Amek g2520

Hi & happy new year to all gear-slutz...

I have recently bought an Amek G2520 and would like to know the guys who already use this desk.

I will have some questions while maintaining the desk and will appreciate if those guys who have the same desk can direct me while I am in this process.

For example; there are 2-empty holes in the center VU-Meter place. And one of them is larger than the original Vu-Meter dimensions (which are R22AF type Sifam Vu meters).

- Can I put a Phase Meter to that bigger place? And if yes, what must it be (model/manufacturer name)?

- And also what is the other Vu-Meter hole for (which has the same dimensions as the other Vu meters on the desk)?

It is a 48ch (56-frame) desk with VU Meters (48channel Vu Meters). And the current look of the bottom of the desk is like this as I have sent the cover panels (and the stand parts) to be painted in matte black.

BB

Note: I am in touch with Colin from Audio Maintenance and he is a very helpful person. I would like to thank him from here also. I will get the manual and the schema of the desk and also needed parts from him hopefully.
Old 10th January 2010
Gear Nut

Here are the pictures of the G2520 after the paint of the bottom parts and the stands;

Now, the back part and the damaged paint on the top of the console will be fixed (hopefully)...
Old 8th June 2010
Lives for gear

So, how are you progressing?
Old 8th June 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedemann View Post
So, how are you progressing?
Actually, I have moved to another place and had to cut the desk :D Removed 16 channels and now it is a 40 channel Amek desk.

We did quite a good job! No one can tell that it has been cut... We have changed the lamps of the Vu meters to LEDs as they are more reliable. We have repaired most of the channels. And as we had cut the desk, now we have 8 channels for spares.

The desk sounds very nice... Looks very nice, too. We have begun to record into 2" again which sounds very nice with a good character.

Here is a video while we were cutting the desk;
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7...kcutvideo1.mp4

Here is the Amek in our studio;

Here is my new mix & mastering room;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 21st June 2010
Lives for gear

Looks good! Congrats!
Old 4th December 2014
Hi, the pics and video links aren't working, can you pm me please or re post, thank you

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search